Export data to .ics

I have a current situation where I would like to export data from a recordset to .ics. We can already export to .cvs and there seems to be some third party converters out there. Ideally, exporting directly to .ics (and whatever Android and Windows use) would be fantastic!

Even better would be if that calendar could be live (subscription?)

Please make this happen. You will make many people on our staff happy and make me look good at the same time. :wink: :beers:

Iā€™m not sure how it could be integrated as so many different factors using ICS files from time zones to DB schemas. We did some work years ago with the reservation platforms like Keygo, Booking -dot- com and Trip Advisor and it was a mess of differences, each required different interpretations. That is not to say I wouldnā€™t vote for this, and have done, just not sure how one solution could fit for multiple use cases as each is different and from what I remember far from standardised (yes the ICS format itself is standardised but the implementations are all so very different). What are you suggesting to base this on @brad, which feeds are you looking to adopt, or output to? Iā€™d suggest the basics of the Google calendar standard, and go from there maybe?

1 Like

My use case would be for tracking our staff/client appointments. Right now they are in a database table with a date field and a time field. I have no idea if it would work or not. Just thought Iā€™d ask. The Wappler teams has done a few things in the past that I didnā€™t think was possible.

I forgot about timezones. Our offices are across two timezones so that may be an issue. :frowning:

1 Like

We saved a load of grief by simply implementing Google Calendars and then using those to synchronise with other platforms which still seems to be working. If the Full Calendar component could output to the Google Calendar based standard that would be great. Certainly would lower the configuration and complexity levels as one standard output format would be easy to maintain, and as far as I know the Google Calendar has not changed that much in years, may be a good place to start? Would be my suggestionā€¦

1 Like

hi Bradā€¦

there is just so many variables to take into considerationā€¦ when it comes to the .ics.

What we have done in the past is that worked for us.
We setup a pho page with all the variables and the header to a x-vCalendar file. and then use the GET from the url to populate this file and it worked like a charmā€¦

So on our repeat table or buttons. We add all the GET variables to be passed to the outlook.php page. And the the outlook.php page header is header(ā€œContent-Type: text/x-vCalendarā€);

and it worked like a dreamā€¦ :slight_smile: