Experienced, but New to Wappler - need a bit of help

Excited to be here.
Whenever I investigate a new tool (been doing this 30+ years), I like to connect to one of my projects - I always want to see MY DATA in a repeating area instead of sample stuff.
I progressed thru Ken’s training video and within 1 hour I had my MS SQL data on a screen instead of the sample cars data.

(side note: only feedback I had was I wanted to keep going - like I wanted to tap on a row and open another grid of detailed data - but instead Ken goes the other way into Bootstrap basics, modals, etc. but I think he will get there. Right now I stopped on the lesson where we tap on a row to store the ID in a cookie.)

What I don’t understand is the purpose of Docker that I had to install.
I already have my own MS SQL Windows 2018 box - and I already wrote my own front end node JWT system with models, routes, controllers, etc. ( I was using Appgyver, so I already had to create all my endpoints for login, auth, and database crud.). Now I wasn’t using this in Ken’s tutorial as Tedious is using my connection info to go directly at my SQL instead of my node endpoints.

So do I need to abandon node on my server and move all the node stuff to Local?
Or am I better off leaving all that code entirely and just use Wappler?
I also don’t use identity columns but a Sequence for IDs, and I need to make sure Wappler can allow me to insert “GET NEXT VALUE FOR sequence_name” moving forward when I need to create new Rows.

And because I named my first API “testing” per the video, as I moved along, I wanted to change that name and broke a link somewhere. I fixed that API path in the code but now “main” is broke - 404.
And now after something else my Repeating Table stopped working too. Just going backwards really fast.

I’m about to abandon everything and start over …

So I appreciate some guidance (or posts/docs) on how to move forward given that I’m not a no-code newbie - but need to integrate with my existing DB.

Thanks so much,
Jaymer…
(Skype: JaymerJaymer)

PS _ didn’t know about this tool until the Bubble massacre this week. @JonL wrote me there and told me this was the tool a bunch had moved to.

Welcome.

Renaming things is something Bubble does really well—takes care of it for you. In Wappler, you need to find all uses of the old name and select again or rename in the code. Global search and replace is available but be sure you know what will be impacted. Finding a good naming convention early will obviously help, but once you know the various components it’s easy to replace old names.

You might want to look at the custom query action if the standard queries don’t work for your setup on inserts. That way you can do anything your db support’s.

Docker is a container of all the software needed for your application, but docker is not the only method of hosting. You can setup your own environment to meet your needs. Just create a target using your “own server” setup once you know how everything works.