Error Message? (It works! NodeJS 14.21.2)

If anyone has experienced this, do tell; many thanks. https://pestsdoneright.com

Hi Jim, what exactly is your question? Looks like you have things working? Can you provide some details?

Please mention you’re using shared hosting/cPanel next time :man_teacher:

The most likely issue is you haven’t uploaded your Wappler project to the right folder. If you did, click the button to restart the NodeJS app on your control panel

1 Like

Tried restart, no success – package.json is present, but unable to run NPM Install.

Hi Brad, site doesn’t load. The screen grabs in my reply to @Apple show the same directory structure as a working site on that shared host.

Can you show the error of npm install?

Unable to, greyed out, stating package.json is not detected.

Ok, so this points to a location issue

Your specified application root is:

home/pestsdon/nodeapp

I think I know what the issue is, but I want you to come to the same conclusion. Can you show me a screenshot of your file manager showing this location? And is there a place in the file manager where you can see the full path and confirm it’s exactly as you’ve previously specified?

Hint: Is it missing a slash ("/") in the beginning?

/home/pestsdon/nodeapp

figure 1 pestsdon figure 2 amgoodde (working site)

Can you try this?

Try
Application root: /nodeapp
Application URL: https://pestsdoneright.com

Hi Ben, thanks for your input much appreciated. I was able to resolve the location issue; the first site I published went so smoothly that it appears I didn’t take/apply the necessary care this time. Lesson learned. Small 503 error I need to work through now, should be resolved shortly.

1 Like

Thank you.

Hi… I just found this problem too. Could someone help me? I have tried the fixes from this thread, but none of them work.

@Amna_Hasanovic shared hosting? If so Node.JS minimum of 14.21.2 make sure package.json is present run NPM Install. Hope this helps :+1:

Could there be a problem with my directory?

Yes, please see @Ben’s earlier reply; follow that exactly and you will be fine!

and @Apple 's reply as well :grinning:

Sorry @Amna_Hasanovic replace server.js with index.js as well.