Error: Haven't Defined an "App ID" for this Page

I periodically get an error telling me: “You haven’t defined an ‘App ID’ for this page.”

But, I have defined it. Multiple times. Hmmm
*EDIT: (added this later for clarity) EVEN THOUGH I HAVE DEFINED IT, WHEN I GO UP TO “APP” THE FIELD IS BLANK AS THOUGH I HAD NOT, FOR SOME REASON IT’S CLEARING IT OUT.

It’s on a route page… if that makes a difference.

I got this just now when trying to add a Boostrap Table Generator

It happens at other times too when adding other components, but I don’t remember which.
Anyone know the cause of such issues?

What server model are you using Node or PHP? Make sure to add the name like so without any space between letters.

It’s PHP.

It’s odd… I came in this morning (after doing some remote work last night) and here’s what I found.
Keep in mind I know I set the App ID yesterday after this problem and saved it.

This is the main page of my SPA:

This is the Account Settings route:

This is the Main Home route:

Yes put a name there as well for the Main Home page and that should fix the issue. If you are not creating Content Pages off the layout template then you should always check to make sure your App ID have a name before. This way adding a framework won’t cause error.

The App ID still keeps disappearing.

Sometimes within 60 seconds of when I fill it in and save it.

@Teodor I had a chance to chat with @sophos707 on google meet to see an example of the App ID issue and to see if I could help.

From what I am seeing I can confirm that it seems that his PHP layout page is indeed kicking out the App ID every time he close down the Wappler program and restarts it again. However, the App ID for each content pages that points the layout page does not get kicked out, only the layout page App ID.

Do you know why this might be happening on the layout page? I tried to help but couldn’t figure it out.

1 Like