Error emulating your Cordova project for android ( /qemu.conf)

Hello!

I can’t run the android emulator from Wappler.

Data: Windows 10, Android Studio, Java JDK, Gradle, Node.js - all installed or updated today.

When working in Android Studio and running the emulator there, everything works perfectly.

When I try to launch a template mobile app in Wappler I encounter the following error:

Error of the emulator itself:

Has anyone ever encountered this? I will be grateful for help or advice. :slightly_smiling_face:

You could try turning off the Hypervisor in Windows and rebooting and see if that helps?

Goto Control Panel, Programs and Features, on the left hand side click Turn Windows Features On or Off. Scroll down until you see Windows Hypervisor Platform and untick it. Reboot your system.

Not sure if it will resolve the issue but that is where you control the Hypervisor for Windows.

Hello, @Dave

Thanks for the advice! However, it didn’t work. If you disable Hyper-V, the Android emulator stops working anywhere at all.

I can’t understand the reason for the emulator launch error in Wappler. I can open the created project in Wappler in Android Studio and run the emulation via the command line, then the emulation will work perfectly:

However if I run the same emulator in Wappler an error constantly occurs:

I’ve read all the Cordova documentation. All settings are made. I have been suffering for several days with this and just do not have thoughts why this is happening.

Try running (from within the Wappler terminal):

cordova run android --prod 

If it hangs use CNTRL-C to terminate the process / cursor up / run again. It is so hit and miss sometimes, even when things are all set up correctly.

1 Like

It worked the first time! Thank you @Dave ! :slightly_smiling_face:

I did not understand what was the reason for the error when simply running the emulator in Wappler?

2 Likes

Really happy to hear that. Success is a good feeling. Sometimes it likes to hang but CNTRL-C terminates the process so you don’t have to hear your fans scream if your system is anything like my poor machine. Android development is quite frustrating but little by little it comes together. A few idiosyncrasies here and there but we can forgive that when the good things happen!

Good luck with your Project.

:smiley:

2 Likes

I’m really not quite sure myself but the way Android plays around it could be anything… Quite possibly related to certificates/signing which were not required until the last few versions of Android so running a build using the -prod flag above over comes this…

Maybe @George or @Teodor could investigate?

1 Like

Some helpful reading:

https://cordova.apache.org/docs/en/latest/

1 Like