ER_ACCESS_DENIED_ERROR on localhost - docker + save emojis

Hey there :wave:

After changing the charset of my database as mentioned here, I can’t use my local docker development environment anymore:
{"status":"500","code":"ER_ACCESS_DENIED_ERROR","message":"ER_ACCESS_DENIED_ERROR: Access denied for user 'xxxxx_usr'@'172.19.0.3' (using password: YES)","stack":"Error: ER_ACCESS_DENIED_ERROR: Access denied for user 'xxxxx_usr'@'172.19.0.3' (using password: YES)\n at Handshake.Sequence._packetToError (/opt/node_app/node_modules/mysql/lib/protocol/sequences/Sequence.js:47:14)\n at Handshake.ErrorPacket (/opt/node_app/node_modules/mysql/lib/protocol/sequences/Handshake.js:123:18)\n at Protocol._parsePacket (/opt/node_app/node_modules/mysql/lib/protocol/Protocol.js:291:23)\n at Parser._parsePacket (/opt/node_app/node_modules/mysql/lib/protocol/Parser.js:433:10)\n at Parser.write (/opt/node_app/node_modules/mysql/lib/protocol/Parser.js:43:10)\n at Protocol.write (/opt/node_app/node_modules/mysql/lib/protocol/Protocol.js:38:16)\n at Socket.<anonymous> (/opt/node_app/node_modules/mysql/lib/Connection.js:88:28)\n at Socket.<anonymous> (/opt/node_app/node_modules/mysql/lib/Connection.js:526:10)\n at Socket.emit (events.js:315:20)\n at addChunk (internal/streams/readable.js:309:12)\n --------------------\n at Protocol._enqueue (/opt/node_app/node_modules/mysql/lib/protocol/Protocol.js:144:48)\n at Protocol.handshake (/opt/node_app/node_modules/mysql/lib/protocol/Protocol.js:51:23)\n at Connection.connect (/opt/node_app/node_modules/mysql/lib/Connection.js:116:18)\n at /opt/node_app/node_modules/knex/lib/dialects/mysql/index.js:68:18\n at new Promise (<anonymous>)\n at Client_MySQL.acquireRawConnection (/opt/node_app/node_modules/knex/lib/dialects/mysql/index.js:63:12)\n at create (/opt/node_app/node_modules/knex/lib/client.js:290:39)"}

I’ve only changed this and even after trying to revert it, it’s not working. I tried to restart everything, re-deploy everything, same issue… The production environment is working perfectly though… :sweat_smile:

1. Any idea how I could fix it? The error message is pretty straightforward, but if I need to change the database password, i simply don’t know how to achieve this with Docker… And why it happened suddenly, I just changed the charset, nothing else…
    For information, I still can access and make some changes on my local database by using the visual database manager.

2. How to convert the database to get the emojis working? Changing it in Wappler is not enough I guess and I still get the error ER_TRUNCATED_WRONG_VALUE_FOR_FIELD. With PhpMyAdmin I would do this easily but we don’t have any visual access to the database except the visual Database manager and it doesn’t allow us to change it yet. I simply don’t know how to do it with Docker and I don’t want to break anything else. :sweat_smile:

Thanks for your help!

Sooo, for information, I found the perfect solution to easily convert the database and tables charset to utf8mb4 using the terminal in Wappler, and now i can save the emojis. :tada:
I will post the solution here in a few hours when i will wake up. :smiley:

Now i’m trying to fix my issue with the database connection on localhost.

Edit: The tutorial about changing the charset has been published, waiting for approval from the Wappler team. :slight_smile: