End of Asp Classic Support

I have been an asp classic user for way too long. Why? Habit mostly, I guess. But now as wappler isn’t going to be updating asp components any longer or much longer I need to look at migration paths for existing sites. I’ve got several sites that are on IIS servers that also support asp.net. So I guess that would be an easy switch over. But I have sites that have extensive asp components. Any advise on how to migrate?

Can I switch the wappler settings to asp.net? What will that do to my existing action scripts? As I might need to make changes to the existing ones at some point.

If I plan to hang out in the wappler/dmx zone for another 15 years, I’m guessing I need to buck up and switch to PHP, which is fine for any new sites, but I have existing classic asp sites that continue to grow and need maintained.

Any advice would be appreciated
:guitar:

Same situation here. We have a lot of legacy stuff in classic asp that still needs to be maintained. All of our new development is done in ASP.NET. I used PHP years ago, but I hope the team still continues with ASP.NET.

1 Like