Emergency Wappler on the road

After 1,5 years of being a caveman, I will finally hit the road and go on a short holiday.

Fear of being 9 days away from my desktop is already kicking in…

How do you handle being away and not able to quickly fix live things if they break?

Tempted to bring my laptop just in case, but the battery is nearly exploding (literally). And I’d need to set it up with the right certificates etc. so I can deploy.

Is there any magic solution that I’m not seeing here?
inner voice: just let it go…

If you think something is going to break in the interim and its not important, take it offline or fix it before you go, and let your Clients know you’re AFK with a polite call or E-Mail. Then go enjoy your break!

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Do you normally develop wappler stuff on your lap top? Or is there another machine. You could always do a remote connection to that machine that is already set up? Use teamviewer, gotomypc or logmein, or some other remote access software to use just as a back up?

1 Like

Use remote desktop indeed :slight_smile:

Always on desktop pc at home.
That’s interesting, I’m scared my pc will lose power or something that I can’t reach it but I’m sure there are some people with higher priority issues that found a way to do it.

Going to do some googling!

Thanks!

I’ve set my office PC to restart on power failure :slight_smile: just look at your BIOS settings.

Ah and then just automatically login? (no password)
And set up a remote wake up?

Which software are you using?

I log in through the remote connection, it does not auto log you in. I’m using windows RDP as my office computer is a windows computer.

1 Like