Email-will not be send

Peter, it’s hard to understand you.
Are you redirected when you are using valid smtp data or when you are not using valid smtp data?
Is the email received with valid smtp data?

I am redirected with a valid smtp ONLY (even without a username and password), BUT NO EMAIL IS BEING SEND and that is the problem…

Try using port 465 and SSL enabled with the google smtp.

No l u c k. Sometimes …

with the 587 variant is gets REDIRECTED (No mail), with the 465 (and ssl) No redirection and no email.

Peter, please set it to 465 and SSL, enable the output option in the send mail step, and then debug the error message as per instructions i sent earlier:

It’s not a matter of luck … it’s all about the configuration. If you configure it wrongly it won’t work.

Teodor,

I am aware it is no luck, but i thought wappler was the easy to use (no coding?) product and I thought I had to do no further email xammp set-up. I still think i do not.

1. {code: 0, file: “C:\xampp\htdocs\FCRTFSNB\dmxConnectLib\lib\mail\Smtp.php”, line: 100,…}

2. code: 0

3. file: “C:\xampp\htdocs\FCRTFSNB\dmxConnectLib\lib\mail\Smtp.php”

4. line: 100

5. message: “fsockopen(): unable to connect to ssl://smtp.gmail.com:465 (Unable to find the socket transport "ssl" - did you forget to enable it when you configured PHP?)”

6. trace: “#0 [internal function]: exception_error_handler(2, ‘fsockopen(): un…’, ‘C:\xampp\htdocs…’, 100, Array)↵#1 C:\xampp\htdocs\FCRTFSNB\dmxConnectLib\lib\mail\Smtp.php(100): fsockopen(‘ssl://smtp.gmai…’, 465, 154762360, ‘Unable to find …’, 5)↵#2 C:\xampp\htdocs\FCRTFSNB\dmxConnectLib\lib\mail\HtmlMimeMail.php(718): lib\mail\Smtp->connect()↵#3 C:\xampp\htdocs\FCRTFSNB\dmxConnectLib\lib\mail\Mailer.php(114): lib\mail\HtmlMimeMail->send(Array, ‘smtp’)↵#4 C:\xampp\htdocs\FCRTFSNB\dmxConnectLib\modules\mail.php(64): lib\mail\Mailer->send(Object(stdClass))↵#5 C:\xampp\htdocs\FCRTFSNB\dmxConnectLib\lib\App.php(159): modules\mail->send(Object(stdClass), ‘’)↵#6 C:\xampp\htdocs\FCRTFSNB\dmxConnectLib\lib\App.php(128): lib\App->execSteps(Object(stdClass))↵#7 C:\xampp\htdocs\FCRTFSNB\dmxConnectLib\lib\App.php(98): lib\App->execSteps(Array)↵#8 C:\xampp\htdocs\FCRTFSNB\dmxConnectLib\lib\App.php(71): lib\App->exec(Object(stdClass))↵#9 C:\xampp\htdocs\FCRTFSNB\dmxConnect\api\Passwords\requests_new.php(8): lib\App->define(Object(stdClass))↵#10 {main}”

Name

I appreciate all your comments, but please do not think I think it easy. this costs me the day, so yeah how easy is that?

and fyi with the 587 without ssl I get no error at all, and I get redirected. Again only the email is not being send…

Hosting environments can be dramatically different. User configurations on top of these differences make for complications. Not all situations are the same. I’ve made so many mistakes and in the past and have been eager to blame the tool set where infact the problems lay elsewhere. More often than not this is indeed the case. This extension works as documented. Your settings may vary due to the hosting environment. Check your firewall logs (ModSecurity, CSF, Imunify, etc), and your error logs. You may find the culprit for the issues you are experiencing.

Well no coding is required and actually none of your issues reported in this topic are Wappler related.

Looking at the error message it seems to me your server is not properly configured. Check if the php_openssl extension is enabled there … or just use a properly configured server.

It’s not Wappler’s fault if the server is not configured properly :slight_smile: I hope you understand that.

never said it’s not working. I just have a standard workimg laptop, localhost environment and use gmail. I would say that is quite simple, just wondering what can be wrong. Indeed firewall maybe (cant access :wink: I will have a look at a personal laptop, maybe that does the trick.

I am not sure where all the sensitivity comes from. not my intention. I just did not know how to proceed that’s it. If I understand you correctly I cannot only rely on in-wappler configuration, as I actually was thinking the smtp.php file in wappler and the mailer.php I set up with wappler were the only things needed.

It may be worth considering purchasing your own domain and hosting (a few Euros, Dollars, Pounds a month) and then using your own mail server where you have some control. GMAIL is very popular but as you are experiencing not being able to diagnose any issues directly really makes things difficult.

It could be worthwhile posting and asking if anybody else has had success using GMAIL?

Peter,
Wappler expects your web server to be properly configured. PHP functions which run on the server also expect the required extensions to be installed and enabled in order to work.

Maybe just test your page on a properly configured server (some hosting for example) if you don’t have the required knowledge to do this locally.

I am using it on my local WAMP with the settings i suggested.

yes well I wanted to test the functionality first on my localhost…thinking that shoudl be the simplest … going from simple to less simple :slight_smile: I do have a domain. I also have an internal server here, so will try to set up a mailer functionality there. Just wante dto knwo whether I forgot some major step

Yes, you can check:

At least on WAMP you can simply enable/disable it with a few clicks:

1 Like

can I still aks you whether you changed the php.ini and sendmail.ini?
For your info all other functionlity work, followed the steps on php.ini and sendmail.ini as well and not sure you need a major on a localhost environment. Anyway get the point

You will get there Peter. Support here is second to none. It can be a little frustrating spending hours doing the same thing multiple times. Good time to have a coffee and take a break for five minutes.

:slight_smile:

I have not changed anything on WAMP settings, but have not checked the defaults on XAMPP

1 Like