Email issue in a form

I tried to search for this odd situation and couldn’t find anything. If it is a dupe, a link would help.

I set up a form that is delivering unless I put in our email address. I can use a @gmail account, and everything works as expected. I checked that the email address is entered correctly, and I am receiving email at the email account I am trying to add, yet, it throws this error. I changed it from my actual email to a general one, email@domain.com. I just don’t want to put it out there. If it is required to know it to troubleshoot, we can do a pm. If there is anything else I can provide, let me know.

Here is what I tried…
this email address as a sender - it errors out.
this email as a receiver - it errors out.
This email in the form that is being filled out - it errors out since it is also sending an email confirmation to them.

We checked our email logs that is used to setup the mailer and didn’t see anything weird. We are also whitelisted.

{
“code”: 1,
“file”: “/home/lighthousewebdes/public_html/dmxConnectLib/PHPMailer/PHPMailer/PHPMailer.php”,
“line”: 2039,
“message”: “SMTP Error: The following recipients failed: email@domain.com: No Such User Here\r\n”,
“trace”: “#0 /home/lighthousewebdes/public_html/dmxConnectLib/PHPMailer/PHPMailer/PHPMailer.php(1648): PHPMailer\PHPMailer\PHPMailer->smtpSend(‘Date: Thu, 21 M…’, ‘This is a multi…’)\n#1 /home/lighthousewebdes/public_html/dmxConnectLib/PHPMailer/PHPMailer/PHPMailer.php(1486): PHPMailer\PHPMailer\PHPMailer->postSend()\n#2 /home/lighthousewebdes/public_html/dmxConnectLib/modules/mail.php(133): PHPMailer\PHPMailer\PHPMailer->send()\n#3 /home/lighthousewebdes/public_html/dmxConnectLib/lib/App.php(206): modules\mail->send(Object(stdClass), ‘’, NULL)\n#4 /home/lighthousewebdes/public_html/dmxConnectLib/lib/App.php(178): lib\App->execSteps(Object(stdClass))\n#5 /home/lighthousewebdes/public_html/dmxConnectLib/lib/App.php(146): lib\App->execSteps(Array)\n#6 /home/lighthousewebdes/public_html/dmxConnectLib/lib/App.php(135): lib\App->exec(Object(stdClass), false)\n#7 /home/lighthousewebdes/public_html/dmxConnectLib/lib/App.php(113): lib\App->exec(Object(stdClass))\n#8 /home/lighthousewebdes/public_html/dmxConnect/api/Leads/Insert.php(8): lib\App->define(Object(stdClass))\n#9 {main}”
}

Hello!
Check your hosting provider
On one occasion I had to do an extra configuration to be able to send it from an SMTP server.
Are you using cPanel?

The email in question is gsuite

The mail server is on Cpanel

Also it isn’t just the sending part. It won’t go through if the address is in the form.

The sender is a google account?
This is from memory, I don’t have a really certain answer, but remember seeing that you need to enable something on the google console.

Can you explain about this?
If you use a working mail, it won’t send to a google account?
If the email is from your hosting go to cPanel - Deliverability, and click repair

Maybe your dkim/spf setup is not really setted

This is an account that was setup just to send email. I can check and send from it. So this cpanel account is sending the emails.

Where the wrench comes In is when I use my actual email that is on gsuite to receive an email it throws that error. The sending part works perfectly if my actual email address is not included.

Hope that makes sense.

Got it, can you check the repair button under the email deliverability option and try again please?

Well, it was an odd thing. When we went into the mail setting code, it was different than what we had in the UI. I updated the code on the page, and now it is working.

Thank you for all of your help.

That was really odd.

1 Like