Dynamic Data (only mobile chrome?) - PWA

Hello everyone,

I’m using @ben’s PWA boilerplate for an app.
It’s all working fine on desktop, browser and firefox mobile, but when using mobile Chrome, data are not updated when my admin’s app updates data.

My PWA is for a “scratch card” campaing. The user logs in, take a photo of a receipt, the admin team validates the photo and provides a scratch card, only updating user_id on my “scratch” table.

With PWA working on browser or desktop, only changing tabs (for exemple, tap “home” icon and then come back to the scratch card page) the data are updated and a scratch card becomes avaialble to the user, but it is not happening when running the app on mobile device.

Is there any particularity when using chrome on android? Even logging out and log in, data are not updated! I remove all the navigation cache as well, nothing seems to work with chrome mobile…I will try others device to check if the problem is with my device, not with Chrome.

Thanks! Have a great week! :smiley:

anyone? :frowning:

Are you getting some errors? Maybe you have a CORS issue.

1 Like

Hey George! Thanks! I actually changed Service Worker code, removing the “scratch card” page from cache and force refresh page on chrome mobile and its working now. There wasn’t any error message.

This app was a POC, if the client approve the project, I have to dig deep to learn more about PWA, mainly iOS related issues OR build an mobile app.

I think PWA will play a big role very soon, would be great to have a “wappler way” to manage service worker, manifests, messages to invite user to add the app to home screen (both android and iOS), etc. :slight_smile:

Thanks for your reply, George! :handshake:

2 Likes