DropZone Validation Accept Files Issue

Wappler Version : 6.5.2
Operating System : Mac
Server Model: Nodejs
Database Type: mysql
Hosting Type: AWS Docker

Expected behavior

Dropzone validation of Accept Files should accept the files listed.

Actual behavior

Dropzone displays an error even though the right file extension is uploaded.

How to reproduce

1. Create a form.
  2. Add an upload file field.
  3. Convert to dropzone.
  4. Select a validation rule > Accept and enter a file extension list (.jpg,.jpeg,.gif,.bmp,.pdf,.png).
  5. Save page.
  6. Run page.

Note: I do have two dropzone fields in the same form, but they have different IDs and Names. Both show the same error, although they are set to accept different file types

Here is a screenshot of the dropzone options:
Screenshot 2024-04-26 at 5.17.27 AM

Here is the code from the page:

<input type="file" class="form-control" id="inp_ap" name="ap" aria-describedby="inp_ap_help" is="dmx-dropzone" accept=".jpg,.jpeg,.gif,.bmp,.pdf,.png" data-rule-minfiles="1">

Here is a screenshot of the error:
Screenshot 2024-04-26 at 5.17.49 AM

Hi Scott,

Have you tried uploading files after removing the .gif,.bmp file extensions? I had a similar issue when I added .webp as an allowed extension.

Hey there @guptast, I did try that adjustment, but the error remains.

I changed the first dropzone to this:

Screenshot 2024-04-26 at 5.45.03 AM

The second dropzone has a different file set.

Screenshot 2024-04-26 at 5.45.13 AM

Both fields show the same error.

I did notice that the error - “Please select a file with a valid file type.” is not the same as the message in the validation rule.

Try by removing the .webp,.pdf from the accepted extensions in the first dropzone. I know .webp is not an accepted extension as I had the valid file type error with this.

Sadly, no change.

Having same issue.

The message is from server-side validation, check in the network tab from devtools if form us submitted and what the response is. You probably have different types defined on the server action validation.