Drop shadow capability for the experimental design panel!

Can drop shadow be added to the experimental design panel at some point, thanks

Yes drop shadows and gradients are also coming up

3 Likes

Cool I was going to mention gradients but I did not want to push my luck :slight_smile:

BTW - I’m new to web development and wappler. Having so much fun and getting so much help. You should call the Wappler Ambassadors - Wappler Hero’s!!!

2 Likes

looking for drop shadows, don’t see where they are… first time using Wappler, I know it’s probably right in front of me somewhere but can anyone point me to where that simple property is set for buttons and images?

In class settings write ‘shadow’ or suffix it with ‘-sm’ or ‘-lg’ for a smaller or larger shadow. Search ‘bootstrap shadow’ for more info.

Do you have plans to add drop shadows to the properties or design view?

Also, do any of your templates include an example element with shadows?

Yes, I’m using the Design tab seriously for the first time and noticed the omission of this too.

Not the highest of priorities compared to other things I really need, but would be nice to be there for completeness!

You can simply create a page in Wappler, add App Connect, and paste in the code example from this page to see the effect:

Thanks Tom,

maybe you can also help with a couple other issues I’m having…

1. looking for a working example of implementing the Google autocomplete field in Wappler (I did find this one but can’t get it to work: https://community.wappler.io/t/google-places-autocomplete-framework7/17529)… do you have a real working example you can point me to?

2. need to make a simple hero image with parallax and a title centered over the image… been struggling for a long time trying to get the parallax image working properly but no luck yet… is there an example you can point me to?

Thanks, I appreciate your help!

James

Hi jamesmazzu, first thing, If not already done: Please make sure you put each element (image/text) each in a separate container/div :slight_smile:

I’m afraid I don’t have any experience with Google autocomplete - or Framework 7. Generally it’s probably more useful to try to follow the example or instructions, and then ask for help when you get stuck. In this way, you may solve the problem yourself, or, if not, you will be in a better position to ask for more specfic help.

There are many ways to use Parallax effects. @Teodor made a demo here for example. The video by @ben may be the sort of thing you’re looking for, but it was made some time ago so there will be differences in the UI etc.