Dreamweaver on it's deathbed?

I know many of us came here from Dreamweaver and using DMX Extensions so this may be relevant.

I registered for Adobe Max this morning and I noticed that there are no sessions at all available for Dreamweaver. DW isn’t even listed as a product.

Seems the DMXZone team moved away from doing extensions at the right time. I am so thankful for Wappler!

Ooh, that’s interesting. It’s hard to imagine a world without Dreamweaver but I’ve not launched my copy for a few years so I wouldn’t be surprised to hear they are dropping it.

Absolutely.

Ditto and Amen!

Well it’s still there Adobe Dreamweaver

Alive but not perhaps well. I haven’t had an Adobe subscription for a while, but I still receive the occasional email. I imagine Adobe has considerable resources, but it seems few of them are allocated to Dreamweaver. Nothing new there.

We are working on modernizing core APIs in Dreamweaver to ensure compatibility with latest OS versions. Considering the criticality of these changes and the work yet to be completed for Database and Server Behaviors, we are putting the DB and SB story on hold for now.

2 Likes

Where was that quote from, @TomD?

A pre-release announcement:

1 Like