Draggable / Sortable Elements

Has any of the drag and drop reordering feature ever added yet to Wappler?

This will be a great addition to Wappler. Voted.

2 Likes

I think this thread should be merged with this one, where @George suggested what they might use. It looked like a great idea.

A feature like this would be near the top of the list of features I would like added in Wappler.

3 Likes

Merged :slight_smile:

Thanks! :slightly_smiling_face:

The total is a little disappointing. I suppose it’s because the same people voted for both requests (I was hoping that might be overlooked). Merging it with @mgaussie’s request would help.

1 Like

Not sure how discourse handles the totals when merging topics, maybe it doesn’t sum them - but this shouldn’t be worrying you. Sortable component integration is already one of the higher priority features we are looking into.

7 Likes

Will it have the ability to remember sort order?

For example my dashboard homepage has many Bootstrap Blocks. Some staff may want to organize them so the ones they use are closer to the top. Will it then remember that ordering so the next time they login it will be just as they left it?

Brad, whatever the drag/reorder/sort extension will be it will provide you with the option to call any dynamic event on sort/drag/reorder so you will be able to store the order in a session, local storage, cookie, database.
It will just allow you to make some elements draggable, and then you can do whatever yo like with the order via dynamic events.

1 Like

Will we be able to order free beer with it? If not it’s a total flop. No amount of votes can fix that.

3 Likes

Is this planned for anytime soon or will this be a while still? Would just like to know wether its worth waiting a little or going for the custom code solution by t11

2 Likes

Implementing the t11 method, but disappointed this has not been implemented yet as a low code solution.

Added my vote, cheers!

2 Likes

Just waking this one up again… are we any closer :hugs:

If I say pretty please does it help.

8 Likes

Still hoping…

1 Like

73 votes and 2 years since requested. Still hoping…

6 Likes

Until this is implemented, this seems quite easy to use https://github.com/bevacqua/dragula

1 Like

Not that easy to integrate with Wappler. Would be far better if it was added! The demand for dynamic-tables and draggable interface elements is growing so lets hope the Wappler team are still listening :neutral_face:

4 Likes

See:

The last part

1 Like

One more bump!

I do not understand why this topic is still active. The feature has been part of Wappler for over a year.

4 Likes