Documents refuse to save

Wappler Version : 3.6.0
Operating System : Big Sur
Server Model:
Database Type: Mysql
Hosting Type: localhost

Open documents refuse to be saved. The output panel says
“Skip existing file routes.js”

At the moment I have no particular step to reproduce this.
It happens after switching projects a few times (between the api project and the mobile project) and previewing the mobile app in wappler multiple times. Suddenly this behaviour occurs.

I too have experienced this. Usually it is due to having several pages opened that I have edited. A temporary ‘fix’ and the only workaround that I found that works is to leave the pages as they are, without saving or closing them. Quit Wappler, then restart it. Afterward save all (Mac: Shift-Command-S) or individually (Mac: Command-S). It has worked every time.

Ah Yes, luckily Quitting Wappler and reopen it keeps the last changes I’ve done.
I was hesitant to quit and loose all work.

1 Like

This is also happening on Windows. Restarting as described by @revjrblack fixes the problem. It’s happened several times today, probably when I’ve had quite a few files open (though this isn’t usually a problem).

A couple of times it’s coincided with the App Connect panel not responding to clicks.

Guys , when this happens please provide the steps to recreate it and send us debug logs so we can check what’s wrong!

It seems to happens when there is more than one page open. I’m not certain of when it happens. So I’m not sure how to replicate the issue. It just happens.

Here’s what I can say for sure:
It seems to always happens when I’ve been working on two or more opened pages, and then try to use Command-S to save a page, or Option-Command-S to save them all. It is then that I realize the save command is not responding. In fact, nothing seems to get the save command to work. The mouse fails when used to select the command from the menu, just like the keyboard commands fail when they are used.

The only way that I have found that works to save these pages without loosing any of the edits is to close Wappler, reopen it, and then save the pages. Then it works.

Maybe some buffer is limited and a restart clears it.

The pages are saved, and I move on.

Because it’s not predictable, I can’t pinpoint the cause. However, I will try activating the debug log you suggest and see if we can capture the evidence.

Yes, we need this. I am working on many pages open in my Wappler almost all day long and have not experienced this issue on both mac and windows.

Can I just leave the debug active when I have several pages opened? If so, I will just do that. Mainly, because I am not certain when or what exactly is triggering this issue.

Just restart Wappler in debug mode and wait for this to happen. Then send us the debug log.

1 Like

When I have a debug log to send, where to I find the file?

It’s been the same for the past 2 and a half years:

1 Like

Thank you, it’s my first time to use one in 2 and a half years. Wappler’s always been too good to have to use a bug log.

Here is the file. I hope I captured the issue.

chrome_debug.log.zip (93.4 KB)