Docker: Local Databases

I just got the cheapest M1 Mac you can get, the MacMini, and it is a beast compared to all my pre M1 macs, well worth it and cheeper than a custom PC. I did get the 512gb storage version as you can not upgrade hard drive afterwards. Love it.

4 Likes

Totally agree. That’s the route I went… Can add monitors etc. without costing the Earth and it’s properly RAPID!

2 Likes

I have a Mac and a Windows computer on my desk. I’m not a great Mac fan and use Windows most of the time. However, the Mac is a new Mac mini and I’m reallly impressed. It’s the basic version and cost £557.50 (+VAT) in the UK, which seems cheap to me. I need to upgrade my main Windows computer soon and will probably spend a great deal more than this.

3 Likes

You can count on that :joy:

Last year I bought a maxed out and overpriced second-hand 15” macbook pro 2015 as no Mac Apple built from 2015 onwards was worth the money. Then M1 arrived.

I bought it with nodejs money.

I am just waiting patiently for the 16” macbook pro with ARM to arrive. It will be paid with blood and tears of php developers.

3 Likes

Ahhh good old Acorn. Come along way since the days of the Electron hahaha. An amazing story in itself. So much so they made a film about it.

:smiley:

2 Likes

:rofl:

He might have lost but I own one of these.

And I also have a few of these stored in a box.

1 Like

Thanks to your rather large picture @JonL, my youngest daughter happened to see it while bringing me a coffee and said “Oh, so thats where qwerty comes from, its just the first 6 letters on a keyboard”, keeping in mind, she is not the sharpest tool in the shed, I was quite proud she learned something.
She told her friend who is from Germany and was met with a picture of her keyboard which starts with “qwertz” and told me I made her look stupid, as her new found knowledge did not fit all language barriers.
Considering your picture caused all this trouble, I figured I would share my woes with you.

1 Like

Hahahaha lmao. Woes of the “fird” world!

Let her know that I am profoundly sorry and to apologize for this egregious affront here she has a link so she can hate us both even more.

2 Likes