Docker Error - Invalid Reference Format

So just before I start my lockdown new years celebration, I had the brilliant idea of trying something out with Docker. How crazy am I…? :thinking:

So my main app project has a local WAMP stack, a couple of remote targets for AWS, and I’ve added a remote target for a Docker machine on DigitalOcean.

I’ve managed to create the docker machine on DO and it is running… but when I try to deploy to it I get the message:

Error : Invalid reference format.

Can someone help me understand why this is happening please?

Thanks and a Happy New Year!
Antony. :slight_smile:

Here are some screen shots… I’m using Wappler 3.5.5 on Windows 10.

1 Like

@Teodor or @George, could you help me find a solution to this please?

Thanks!
Antony.

I’ve just noticed it says “building db”… is it trying to build my app’s MySQL database?

My app doesn’t use the Wappler Database Manager - I manage the database through MySQL Workbench and the database will be on DO’s managed database service…

@George, could you help me find a solution to this please?

Thanks!
Antony.

Well Antony this is a pretty generic docker error indicating that you have used bad characters in some names.

That can be pretty much anything so it is difficult to track.

Maybe your project folder, user upload folder, certificate names, contain spaces are other illegal characters.

Thanks for the feedback @George, I will take a look at that.

Could you please confirm one thing for me…

Because I have had so many problems getting Docker Desktop to work on my PC, I have uninstalled it. So I now have WAMP on my laptop and am trying to get Docker working on DigitalOcean.

Can you please confirm that this configuration should be workable?

Thanks!
Antony.

For any publishing to Digital Ocean or similar docker enabled hosting - you need to have Docker Desktop installed locally otherwise it won’t work.