Docker deploy error - no matching manifest for windows/amd64

Hi Hyperbytes,

I was following you along in getting my Docker connected to Wappler and actually confirmed a good connection.
However my Docker settings do not include a choice of disk drives and I am getting an error message when I attempt to “Deploy” my project so I can begin working in Wappler:

Bringing all services up …
Pulling db (mysql:8.0)…
8.0: Pulling from library/mysql
ERROR: no matching manifest for windows/amd64 10.0.18362 in the manifest list entries
Error Launching Services!matching maifest

Can you advise what I am missing?
jaydigital

Guessing you are on docker windows. Go into the Dover tray icon and there is an option something like “shares”. Not at computer so cant be specific. You need to share the drive this effectively allows the hyper-v session in which docker is running to access the drive outside that virtual instance. Though I had covered that, will check later and add a note if not.

Hi Hyperbytes, Thanks for getting back to me.
I know you did cover step to choose a drive, but my Docker Desktop (version 2.2.0.3(42716), general/settings/ does not show any “shares” drives options. I have other drives on the computer of course but they are not being listed. There is not even a shares menu item as there is in your video. So I just had to assumed that it was picking a default. But that did not work. In the meantime, I have been doing a lot of reading about the Docker - Wappler combine and am very excited about the prospect of using them for next my big project - which must be secure and portable. Seems like a perfect fit.
jaydigital

Hi Jay,

Somehow you have enabled Windows containers on docker while you need Linux containers.

Just right click on the docker icon and choose switch to Linux containers.

Hi George,
Thanks for jumping in. I have tried switching and it tried but gave me the following message:
"Failed to switch because your Windows version is not compatible.

Hardware assisted virtualization and data execution protection must be enabled in the BIOS. See https://docs.docker.com/docker-for-windows/troubleshoot/#virtualization-must-be-enabled."

What do I do now??? I’m not much at rebuilding BIOS’.

Thanks,
jaydigital

Hi George,

It looks like the problem with Windows10 Pro is that it has “Virtualizaton” disabled. The article referenced above says it must be enabled. I’m looking to see how i can get that to happen. Thought it might be just a toggle - but not so far…

jaydigital

Yes it should be a toggle in your BIOS. So just reboot your pc, enter the BIOS and search for an option for enabling virtualization.

3 posts were split to a new topic: Docker deploy error - port is already allocated

I am using windows server 2019 and docker enterprise engine and I am getting the same error mentioned above.

latest: Pulling from libaries/busybox
docker: no matching manifest for windows/amd64 10.0.17763 in the manifest list entries

Anyone has an idea how to resolve this error for windows server docker host? Please suggest

Can you please show a screenshot of your whole Wappler window displaying the error?

Please see the market solution above and switch to Linux containers on Windows.

Hi George,

Thanks for your reply.

I am using windows server 2019 host, so don’t know about an option for windows server host to switch to linux containers like we have for Docker Desktop on windows 10.

I tried with below command, but still getting same error.

[Environment]::SetEnvironmentVariable(“LCOW_SUPPORTED”, “1”, “Machine”)

Please suggest.

Hi Teodor,

Below is the full snippet of the error I am getting.

C:\Windows\system32>docker run -d --isolation=hyperv ubuntu
Unable to find image ‘ubuntu:latest’ locally
latest: Pulling from library/ubuntu
docker: no matching manifest for windows/amd64 10.0.17763 in the manifest list entries.
See ‘docker run --help’.

Please let me know if you need more information.

This is what i found on Google: