Disappearing Project Folder (and the projects within the folder)

======== TEMPLATE BUG FORM ========

Wappler Version : 3.4.2
Operating System : Windows 10

Expected behavior

Reorganising folders in Your Projects should not cause projects to disappear.

Actual behavior

Moving a folder to the top of the list will cause that folder to disappear - losing all the projects within that folder.

How to reproduce

Drag a folder to the top of the list, above the Projects folder.

I always find it slightly annoying that when I switch to the projects list, it’s always empty - because I put projects into folders. I made a feature request, suggesting the last accessed folder could appear instead, but I was the only one who voted for it.

I noticed that it’s possible to drag folders above the Projects folder and wondered if this would cause my current projects folder to open by default. Unfortunately, after closing/reopening the projects panel, the folder disappeared - and all my current projects.

To reproduce: create a dummy folder and drag it above Projects:

When you reopen, you’ll find the folder has disappeared.

Is there anyway I can get this projects folder back? If not, I can’t remember how to import projects. I’ve tried using ‘Open Existing Folder’ but that doesn’t seem to work. I’m not sure what I could be doing wrong. Presumably I should open the project folder, or should I open the .wappler hidden folder (I’ve tried both). Is there any other way of reinstating the lost projects?

I am not sure it should be allowed to drag any of the projects folders outside of the main Projects folder … probably @George has to check this.

Easy … click the open existing project button and select the project folder:

Screenshot_3

That’s what I tried, but nothing happened. Your screenshot resolved the issue. Clicking this button:

didn’t work… because the New Project tab was selected. I assumed I needed New Project because Wappler seemed to have forgotten about the project.

Is there a reason why the button to Open Existing Folder appears on the New Projects tab? Does it have a different function in this context? Or should it not be there (a small bug)?

It does not only appear on New Projects tab :slight_smile:

You mean it appears on the ‘New Project’ tab (not the ‘New Projects’ tab)? I’m slightly confused.

Tom, the OPEN FOLDER button appears on both tabs: Your Projects and New Project

I know - but why? The reason I had trouble recreating my lost projects was that when I clicked the Open Existing Folder button, nothing happened. I couldn’t open/reinstate my projects. I noticed on your screenshot that you had the Your Projects tab open, not the New Project tab. When I tried this, it worked without any problem.

It seems (but I might well be missing something), that the ‘Open Existing Folder’ should only be on one of the tabs, because it doesn’t work on the other.