Direct Database Connection through SSH tunnel

Win10 Pro, new intall of Wappler
Remote target set and made active
Remote target access via SSH successful
Move to setup Direct DB Conn
enter in all verified credentials, ports etc.
Test results in:
wappler-error-Screenshot-2020-12-01
“Error connecting: Knex; Timeout acquiring a connection. The pool is probably full. Are you missing a .transacting(trx) call?”

Have tried with firewall exceptions and firewall turned completely off with no change in result.
I am able to use my other regular tools like mySql Workbench as expected.

Thanks for reading, any suggestions before I go back to Drumbeat 2000? :slight_smile:

With direct connection Wappler tries to direcly connect to your database. So make sure it is accessible from your ip.

The error indicates that no connection can be made.

What kind of database are you trying to connect to and where is it hosted?

It is definitely accessible from my ip. “I am able to use my other regular tools like mySql Workbench as expected” MariaDB on a VPS.

Could you show screenshot the connect dialog with options blurred and maybe from other tools you use

Sure

mysql-workbench-success

I am connecting with mySQL workbench over SSH with the same key and password that is also used for the remote target in the project settings. I connect everyday over SSH.

Did you also entered localhost in Wappler and the full remote in the SSH settings?

Also the right ports?

Yes I tried with and without localhost and db port. It appears to not be making the ssh tunnel. I do not use 22 so I am specifying the port I use. I scp over ssh everyday. Is the same module used for the target connection SFTP. Perhaps there is something different between those two meth()ds. ??

Maybe you can send me your connection details in a private message, so I can try to connect.

I’ll set something up for you to test yourself. FYI, I can direct db connect without the Wappler SSH option if I use my own third party SSH client for port forwarding over SSH. Perhaps there is a hard coded limit in Wappler on the port that doesn’t include the one I use since it is timing out and not getting connection refused or login error.

Yes I suspect something like this - so it will be very useful for us to have a good test case.

1 Like

Ok give me a bit. Also, I’d like to note how annoying it is that my antivirus (Avast) is flagging the app every-time I try to do something so far.

Btw Avast has proven to cause more troubles, false positives and use more system resources than it helps :slight_smile:
Windows defender is a great tool and when using it you don’t need any third party antivirus tools, which are only slowing your system down.

George - pls DM me a key so I can add you.

1 Like

Not to get too far off topic but my experience has been different with regard to detection, particularly with email.

Was there a resolution to this issue? I seem to have the same problem…

Well the reported problem was reported as resolved by recreating the connection, seems some settings weren’t invalid.

So maybe try to create a new Wappler project for testing and make sure your connect and SSH are all fine.

Thanks @George, I have tried on another project as well, but same issue. It is strange that I can log onto SSH in the terminal without any issues but can’t use the SSH in Wappler. Any way you could check what I do wrong?