Differing Database server connection settings according to target

For security reasons some service providers require different settings for remote access to database servers than those used on the server itself. This appears to be becoming increasingly common on cloud based services.
It would be very useful if the database connection settings were somehow tied to the target setting so as to allow for different database connection setting dependent on the current target selected.

This is definitely on our planning. We have discussed it before and agree it will be very handy indeed.

Thanks @George. I just noticed it was not in requests and was worried it may get overlooked :+1:

2 Likes

that is why I’m also assigning special tags and persons, so we make sure it doesn’t get forgotten indeed.

1 Like

Is there any more info on this being added to Wappler?

@sitestreet
That’s not been integrated yet, but it’s in our roadmap and will be available soon.

3 Likes

11 posts were split to a new topic: Docker deploy on Heroku

Has this been implemented in any way yet, or is it on a soon-to-be-implemented roadmap…?

I can’t see any reference to different database options in the Targets area…

Can I bump this back up the list so it can be addressed soon? Every target has a different database connection string.

Also, the database connection details are stored in a file which also contains the table structures. I want to stop this from going to Github because of the database login credentials but I do want the structures to be committed and pushed so could we have this separated into two files so I can add one to the .gitignore file?

1 Like

Yes, this is a really long outstanding request which is, in my opinion, a HUGE omission for Wappler.

I would love to have a timescale on this.

As the connection settings also contain the schema details, omitting from GIT is not really a solution as any changes to the database structure will not be committed

1 Like

This has been Implemented in Wappler 2.7.0

2 Likes