Deleted Security providers keep reappearing

Hi,

Wappler 3.7.4
MacOS

I duplicated a project in Wappler and made changes in the places such as DB connections etc. to work with different database sources.

After I made changes to the Security provider - renaming the security provider that was copied over in Properties (and replaced all instances of the old names via global search and replace function) and changing the connection details to another authentication database, the login server connect didn’t work correctly. When I looked further into the issue, I found the reason why authentication with Security providers and restricts was not working correctly.

• The name given to Security Provider in Properties didn’t show up correctly under Globals even when refreshed

• I renamed the Security Provider json file (in local folder) to match with the name given under Properties, uploaded the new json file to the target directory and I was able to login correctly. I’m not sure whether renaming the json file is the right way to fix this issue as there may be references to this file in the project elsewhere.

• However, after closing and opening the project, the Security Providers under Globals, that were copied over when project was duplicated, have reappeared. These keep reappearing even when these have been deleted in the Wappler UI, in the local project folder or in the target folder.

I have also noticed that the Security providers under Globals have the same Secret Key. Could that be an issue?

Any assistance in resolving this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Maybe try searching the .wappler folder for files with older name. You could also just do a universal search in Wappler/VSCode to find such files.
Some files don’t get deleted correctly when renaming under the new globals stuff. Have seen this myself and some other users have reported the same too.

Hi @sid, I found the older files in .wappler folder as you mentioned in your post. Once I deleted these in the .wappler folder, the duplicate / older files didn’t reappear after restarting Wappler. Thanks for your help :smiley:

Fixed in Wappler 5.0.3

This topic was automatically closed after 32 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.