Delay in Updating Data on Client Side

My app which is built on Capacitor and bootstrap takes time to update data on the client side.

Before I proceed, I want to set this across that:

My backend where I insert data into the database was not built with Wappler; it was built with the Laravel framework.
So I only use Wappler as a fronted and query data from my database.

Now, whenever a new data is inserted, I have to manually clear cache or the app data or wait for sometime for the newly inserted data to appear on the client side.

I want to know how I can remove or minimise the delays.

Any thoughts is well appreciated.

There’s an HTTP header for cache control, inspect the HTTP request of the data query and see if there’s a cache header and correct it if necessary. It’s also important to determine if such header is being set by Laravel or your web server instead

1 Like

Thank you for your thoughts @Apple.
It seems the data actually get retrieve from the database but doesn’t display on the client side on time… I found this by trying to search for a data on the page using the get filter component; I mean I have a search box on the pages which filters the data returned by the API…
And whenever I search for any newly inserted data, it returns though is not present or displayed on the page.

Please can I get a little more detailed information because I don’t know where to search for it .

The place you want to check is your browser’s developer tools, the network tab, so you can see the request it performs and if there’s a cache header present.

Unfortunately, I lack the time to expand this further, but feel free to throw in your questions and someone will help you :slight_smile: