Define schema for object variables

We can store data as objects in variables, so that part is great. However, it would be great if we could reference the properties of those variables directly in the UI. I know we can still reference them directly in code view or by manually typing out the properties such as myObject.name , but that makes debugging a nightmare sometimes because you have to account for occasionally making a typo and spending a whole day wondering why your project isn’t running properly.

Another reason to have this would be that it would make working between javascript and wappler much smoother by decoupling things. In javascript, I could set an object variable’s value, and easily reference it in wappler’s ui, and maybe later decide to update the variable’s value from a different source. The wappler designer wouldn’t have to know where the data is coming from, only that this is the structure of the data.

My current workarounds have involved passing variable data to the server and returning that as an Api response so that wappler ui can read the schema natively. Or working in an IDE (Visual Studio) so that I have access to intellisense and object class structures/interfaces in code view.

I’ve read a bit on the forums that straying from the Wappler way of doing things can make using it a bit difficult. But I really like what the Wappler team is doing with the product, and as someone with a game development background using Unity (along with Bubble/Webflow), I can see it potentially becoming the web development version of that tool if it allows for a bit more flexibility.