Debugging Server Connect Errors not working

HI all,

I am hoping to get some help when trying to debug an error.

What I am trying to do:
Using the groupBy condition I want the system to return a list of plans that grouped by their name.

The above code doesn’t return anything at all.

Without the condition I am able to get the following list:

Trying to debugging the server connect errors
Following the instructions from Debugging Server Connect Errors

1. enable the debug sever connect setting

2. go to my browser to try to see the error
    I am not able to load the error

Initially i thought it was because the server connect had (security restrict) step, so I remove it and now it looks like the following:

Note: I know I am doing something wrong, however all the database queries are working loading the data, etc. the only way I found out that there was an error was when I was looking at why the groupBy was not working.

Can someone let me know what can be done to fix this.

Thanks

J

The debug option in server connect is for debugging issues on the server side. The problem in your case is on the page (not on the server side) so the debug option in server connect won’t affect this.
You are just using wrong code for this. Your code needs to be:

<div dmx-repeat:repeat1="scOsrganizations.data.qrOsrganizationsFilterPlan.groupBy(`org_plan`)">
    {{$key}}
</div>

when showing code here, please post the code instead of screenshots, it’s not possible to copy your code from the screenshot.

1 Like

@Teodor, thank you for your suggestion, it works perfectly!

Your comment regarding the pestling code, rather than images is noted.

I am still wondering about the error at the server connect level. I am still getting the following error and I would like to understand more about it, so that I can try to fix it. what can I do?

Thanks

J

You need to enable the detailed error reporting on your server to see this. What is the status of this error? Could it be you just filtered some data too quickly so that it couldn’t load the data before you changed the filter value?

@Teodor,

I the debug error enable

but not sure how I can enable the detailed error reporting. could you please provide instructions on how to do it.

Thanks

J

You need to enable detailed error reporting in your server settings, not only in server connect.

Also you didn’t answer this:

What is the status of this error?

HI @Teodor,
I am sorry for not getting back to your question, just do not know how to check it!
Could you please provide some more information
Thanks
J

1. When do you see this error - on page load or after some interaction on the page?
  2. Here’s how to see the error status:
1 Like

@Teodor, thanks for the information please see the image below for what i get

Just don’t click on the server action in the dev tools, then you will see the status as on my screenshot…

Sorry, just realized that, here it is

So do you get this on page load or after clicking anything on the page?

This is what I get on page load, No other actions are taking place.
Thanks

The error means some filter value is probably changing while the server action is still loading. What filters are you using for the server action?

ahh, ok, so that may the problem, I am using some values that may not be loaded yet.

Let me take a look at this, thanks a lot for your help!

Best regards

J