Database columns not available in database updater dialog

In earlier posts I have been really upset by the way dbases behave. I was forced to go back to 5.8.x several times because of this issue I have with dbases.
I make server actions in 5.8.x. Working all fine. Then upgrade to 6.2.2. and the server actions made in 5.8.x. will still work.

But I apparently can not make new server actions as the tables will not show:

This really ****** me off.

Restart Wappler in debug mode, recreate the issue - i.e. open the update step with empty columns and then attach the debug log to this topic as explained here:

“Dbase” must be a dutch word :laughing:

As to solve your problem, can you try this:

Done

Your zip file contains only a screenshot. Please check the article i posted, browse to the log file and attach it here in this topic. Don’t create a new one.

I don’t even have that view.
dbase3

You need to right-click the Tables to see those options (and also note Tables can be expanded, but might be empty before you do a table schema refresh)

Sorry, but on right click I get totally different things on my screen than other people;
tables

wappler.zip (6.2 KB)

How is the database connection setup in the database manager? As direct database connection?

Verify that and the choose refresh database schema from the context menu.

Sorry George, but I don’t understand this.

Corrected

Thanks, will check everything tomorrow. Now this old body and brain needs a rest :slight_smile:

Yes just make sure you enter the database connection info there for direct access of Wappler to your database.

So probably a different one than in server connect.

Ok, here we go:
When adding new db connection I do not see:
3_shouldsee

but:

and after putting in the information it says:

yes that is all fine - you just need to enter a direct database connection properties. So the host address should be accessible from internet directly by Wappler.

I must be doing something wrong since I only get errors and time out and I still can’t see “Direct Connection”

To make a direct database connection, you need to use the host address for remote accessing your database.
Direct connections are different from what you define under Server Connect > Globals > Database Connections. The connections made in Server Connect are used for your Server Actions, that’s usually a connection using a local host name to connect to the db.

Direct connections are used to fetch the schema and provide you the abilities to alter your tables and preview the data inside them.

So if you want to setup a direct connection make sure to use the host name and details which give you remote access to the database.

Before starting this morning I made a copy of the site I am working on. After this mornings disaster I copied it back to its original map. And guess what? Had to fill out all the information for db again and I appear to actually have a direct connection.