Datetime in database view shows as generic datetime placeholder / defualt format why?

Hi All

I need some guidance on this and wonder if this is an issue or a limitation of the database view.

So I have a number of fields in the database table which are DateTime type. I simply save the UTC_NOW datetime and in the database view it always shows as ‘1970-01-01 11:00:00’

I am using MYSQL 8 as created with Wappler. Mac user.

I can click on a field to edit it and it shows the correct date and I can add the current time and it saves ok.

So it must be how I am saving the current date time maybe?

Any help would be appreciated.

Everything look good on the conditions tab?

Edit: scratch that, I see your id = identity. Have you confirmed the user is logged in?

Hi Ken

I am pretty sure?

{{email}} is now a global

If you have email as a global, then you would want to remove it from the api steps.

Ok yep, that make sense. Done that still same issues with the update.

Okay, then I’d suggest you start troubleshooting all the steps. Break it down into pieces. For example, turn output on for the email set value, and disable everything else–do you get the expected output? Then enable the next step, with output on – do you get the expected output? Add temporary set value actions if needed, so you can see what the post values are, or look in the dev console to make sure the expected values are being sent.

Hi @mebeingken

This isn’t a app issue it s visual presentation issue in Wappler. I first went through everything and no issues with the app server connect at all.

I have connected up with Navicat and clearly that data is saving as it should be but the display view in Wappler is not correct or it doesn’t have the ability to display correctly.

View In Navicat all dates are saved and displayed as expected.

I gather this is a bug or a current limitation?

database

Moving on and will just use Navicat to check

Ahh, glad it is sorted. I’d go with bug over limitation. I recall submitting a bug report related to db manager dates before, but it seems there is more work to be done.

Probably not relevant but just noticed a [space] before the _login

Thank @UKRiggers

Good find, I fixed this up but unfortunately no difference this looks like a bug.

Cheers!