Date/Time Format from Tutorial

I’m trying to format the date like in the tutorial here…

… but I’m getting this error…

dmxAppConnect.js:7 Formatter formatDate in expression [date_signup.formatDate(‘dd/MM/yyyy HH:mm’)] doesn’t exist for type string

The dates exist as a Datetime in the db, and they seem to initially display the same as the tutorial, but when I do the format it throws the error and I see nothing displayed in the table.

It maybe seems like I need to install another package or something. I had to do that a few times in the beginning because there were some things not automatically installed by Wappler. Not sure what it would be in this case though.

My formatting…

Tutorial formatting…

<!-- Wappler include head-page="layouts/admin" fontawesome_5="cdn" bootstrap5="local" is="dmx-app" id="manageusers" appConnect="local" components="{dmxBootstrap5TableGenerator:{},dmxFormatter:{}}" -->

<meta name="ac:route" content="/cwadmin/manageusers">

<dmx-serverconnect id="conn_users" url="/api/admin/user/search"></dmx-serverconnect>

<div class="container">

<div class="row">

<div class="col mt-5">

<div class="table-responsive">

<table class="table table-striped table-bordered table-hover table-sm">

<thead>

<tr>

<th>User_id</th>

<th>First name</th>

<th>Last name</th>

<th>Email</th>

<th>Date signup</th>

<th>Authcode</th>

<th>Validated</th>

</tr>

</thead>

<tbody is="dmx-repeat" dmx-generator="bs5table" dmx-bind:repeat="conn_users.data.query" id="tableRepeat1">

<tr>

<td dmx-text="user_id"></td>

<td dmx-text="first_name"></td>

<td dmx-text="last_name"></td>

<td dmx-text="email"></td>

<td dmx-text="date_signup.formatDate('dd/MM/yyyy HH:mm')"></td>

<td dmx-text="authcode"></td>

<td dmx-text="validated.formatDate('dd/MM/yyyy HH:mm')"></td>

</tr>

</tbody>

</table>

</div>

</div>

</div>

</div>

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Are you sure the formatter js include is on your main page and it is saved? Also are you sure all your js files are uploaded to your server?

I don’t know anything about that. It wasn’t in the tutorial. I’m just running it on localhost just the same as in the tutorial, and I’m just clicking the Run in Browser button on the page I’m working on.

It does say dmxFormatter in the html I posted. Is that not it? I’m not sure what I have to include.

Check if you saved your main page. If it is not saved, save it! It must be saved along with the content page when previewing your content page.

I would never have thought of that. I saved the template page and now it works. There wasn’t a blue circle showing it had changed or anything.

Thanks for the help. I’m going to forget about ctrl+s and just ctrl+alt+s every time now.