Date formatting problems

I am trying to format date display as 2019-07-27 20:45:40 and I want to display like this 7-27-2020 8:45 pm

I have gone through the tutorial several times and unable to get it to work

I am able to set the formatting it seems yet it appears I am up able to apply it for some reason. what am i doing wrong again

What do you mean exactly? Your comment doesn’t make sense at all…

it means I’ve followed the instructions step by step and nothing gets formatted,

The images uploaded are the what I see when going through the process yet the date still display as 2019-07-27 20:45:40

Please provide a link where we can check this.

Summary

https://reunionmanager.net/cetv_admin/_option_list_test.php?sort=class_id&offest=25&dir=asc

I also would like to know why clicking on the column names in the header does not sort the column either

Could you show me the code in the td tag where the date should display

@mikeRM
As it can be seen - no date formatting is applied in your table:

Also you are binding the data wrongly.
You should not be using BOTH dmx-text and binding {{data}} in the table cell.

Either use:

<td dmx-text="your-binding-here"> </td>

OR

<td> {{your-binding-here}} </td>

The following code is wrong and should NOT be used:

<td dmx-text="your-binding-here">{{your-binding-here}}</td>

I don’t know how you managed to add both, it’s wrong.

That’s a totally different issue, not related to date formatting.
The problem is that you did not bind the query parameters used for sorting, in the server connect sort/direction parameters in the App Structure panel.

When reporting problems or ask questions, post separate ones in separate topics, please!

Also i see some syntax errors on the page, not closed or missing tags. If you are not familiar with HTML code, please don’t alter it and use Wappler to handle it.

Not sure what you’re referring too as far as open tags.

How to I bind the query parameters as I just used Wappler to create the table in the first place.

You need to learn how to speak to people also getting pretty tired of your condescending way of offering support.

I don’t think any of the above is intended that way. English is not Teodors first language. Personally I think he has a remarkably fine grasp of English but as we all know it is far from the easiest language to master and can occasionally come across opposite to what is intended, no fault to the author. As someone who works in Portugal, and lives here, and is from the UK. I can very much understand how hard it is. Lost in translation can be both amusing, and sometimes insulting. Without any intention for the latter. :wink:

Sorry I can’t help with the issue, but further to the above and to break the ice somewhat here are two stories where language has gone askew recently…

A good friend invited everyone to dinner and promptly offered his daughters fiancee a blow-job intending to offer Brioche.

The same friend spent a week asking for coffee and sex at my local cafe every morning.

Thankfully the locals who have adopted me find this all highly amusing, the boyfriend was however a little shocked!

:smiley:

Mike, you are getting offended every time I point that you did something wrong. I notice this happens especially when I clearly see you tried to edit the code manually and did something wrong.

When I see such a case, the first thing I can suggest is to not edit anything you are not familiar with directly in the code. Not sure how is that considered as “bad support”?

There is absolutely nothing wrong if you are not proficient in HTML/CSS or any other technology. There are plenty of resources out there, so you can master your skills if you want to. My advice is to just avoid working with code, if you are not 100% sure what you are doing.

I believe my previous post explains exactly what’s wrong with the data formatting on your page.

And by the way it’s not technically possible for Wappler to write code which misses closing tags (such as </div>) which was one of the issues on your page, when I last checked it.

I agree with Dave here, it is honestly not intentional at all, I have been chatting to the DMX Zone support guys for absolute years now, and sometimes got pretty offended, but have come to realise two things, it’s generally just a language barrier or variance and not meant in a hurtful way. Teodor, particularly is actually a really nice guy to be honest.
Secondly, they are very to the point, it is difficult to beat around the bush and get to a swift solution. I looked at your page and there are indeed code related issues, I don’t mean it nasty, it is what it is. Now to try find a solution, there must be something you are doing different that is causing this, if we get to the bottom of it, your life will be far easier.
If I click on your provided link, and do a right click “View Page Source” and scroll all the way to the bottom you have half a page of duplicated popper.min.js and bootstrap.min.js files, and to be honest I have never seen that happen before, are you adding the Bootstrap framework once per page or multiple times, or doing it through code? something just seems off.

As far as the current problem goes, in your screenshot from post 1, you are looking at the TABLE CELL PROPERTIES, and entering your data and your formatter inside the area saying Text: that is the incorrect place for this kind of table, please remove all text from there.
Now scroll down that same properties panel until you find something called DYNAMIC ATTRIBUTES, and then in there, Inner Text, the Value of that is what you want to be doing your formatting on.
it will possibly look something like
creation_date.formatDate('MM-dd-yyyy HH:mm')

For the sorting, please look in your App Structure panel, click the Server Connect which is possibly top of you list, you should have INPUT PARAMETERS in there, the sort should have query.sort and the Dir should have query.dir
The limit parameter you have on it currently looks odd to me, but is maybe correct of paging.data.query1.limit so only look at that if it still does not work.

Also check your server action for page_query and make sure under Globals >>> $_GET you have an entry for offset, limit, sort, dir, at a minimum.
Then click on query1 your Database Paged Query and make sure under the connection you have something like
I hope this helps a little.

My frustration is not in being told I’m wrong about something at all , it’s actually 3 fold,

1. I am use to another system that is not javascript based
  2. There are just way too many steps to do something simple
  3. It has taken over two weeks now to try to make a repeating list (paging) with the normal things that should be included as far as I’m concerned.

DMX should contemplate incorporating one step approaches for doing the basics ie

one step or dialog box to:

Create a number list with sorting columns and record line number, that include searching and paging

Same with creating insert/update/delete forms

I like all the features and function DMX has in many area but I have been trying to use their approach, system , workflow etc. for almost 8 years off and on and each time I get too frustrated and give up. There are too many moving parts. Use the KISS approach Keep it Simple Stupid not you but me obviously.

Hey Mike, i do get where you are coming from, and it does make sense, but i also understand and appreciate why DMX Zone and now Wappler do things the way they do.

If Wappler was trying to give one single way to do something, like a one size fits all approach then they could possibly do it that way, however because they do not know what steps each user may need to suit their particular needs, they have tried to make things far more modular, so you may want to make a paged query one way and I might want to do mine quite differently.

Its almost the same way as real backend coding goes, with php, there are 50 different functions you would need to use to make a paged query, they did not have a single function as a one stop solution, however what made it easier is often times you could get full code snippets off many sites where someone else had already put the 50 php functions together and we just needed to slightly adjust it. It was certainly quite a time saver.

I think maybe what could be nice in Wappler, would be something similar to Photoshop with their Actions window, which allows a person to record an action and share it with others, maybe then we could have users pre making things like this in the correct Wappler way and sharing them, or Wappler themselves could include a few of the common ones.

Anyway, if you could try my suggestions on your page and see if you can get it working and let me know then at least we have you partly done with that task.

I already indicated earlier that you can use the table and paging generator for this. Those are exactly dialogs for quick generation of code.

However you insisted to do the manual paging to learn more, which is fine but it is natural that then it takes longer.

Anyway I think this topic has been taken a bit out of the original context now and it seems solved to me.

If you still have issues post them as new topics.