DataView Filter Contains

Hi,

I am using a data view with a search field, I want to display all rows that contains the text being searched. What should be under my Filter field?
"Column 1 == "search term" || Column2 =="search term"
works when I need the exact value. However, I want to replace == with contains or fuzzy search, how can I do that?

Probably something like…

(column1.lowercase().contains(txtSearchInput.value.lowercase()) || (column2.lowercase().contains(txtSearchInput.value.lowercase())

Thank you, the first part of the suggestion works well: column1.lowercase().contains(
only when I put a static string between quotes. On the other hand, I am not able to put a variable such as txtSearchInput.value or even {{txtSearchInput.value}}, any idea why?

Well, you can use the data picker to select it and apply the formatters you need with the data formatter.

Hi @Teodor I tried it, it gave me filter=“column1.contains(txtSearchInput.value)” but that did not work out, no value is shown is it a bug?

That’s the right code, it should be working just fine. Can you provide a link to your page, where we can check what’s wrong?

sent in private message, keep me posted of the issue please