Database problems

Hi,

I was trying to deploy my app to production and I was having issues with the production database. While trying to figure all that out I think I messed up something with my dev database target…

I’m now getting this error:

{"status":"500","code":"28P01","message":"password authentication failed for user \"db_user\"","stack":"error: password authentication failed for user \"db_user\"\n    at Parser.parseErrorMessage (/opt/node_app/node_modules/pg-protocol/dist/parser.js:287:98)\n    at Parser.handlePacket (/opt/node_app/node_modules/pg-protocol/dist/parser.js:126:29)\n    at Parser.parse (/opt/node_app/node_modules/pg-protocol/dist/parser.js:39:38)\n    at Socket.<anonymous> (/opt/node_app/node_modules/pg-protocol/dist/index.js:11:42)\n    at Socket.emit (node:events:390:28)\n    at addChunk (node:internal/streams/readable:315:12)\n    at readableAddChunk (node:internal/streams/readable:289:9)\n    at Socket.Readable.push (node:internal/streams/readable:228:10)\n    at TCP.onStreamRead (node:internal/stream_base_commons:199:23)"}

Seems to be a problem with the password of the database user, but I can still fetch all the database tables and the data inside them from the database manager?

Another error says "The migration directory is corrupt, the following files are missing: " … How to fix that?

Yes, this can happen from time to time, normally due to a failed update or accidently double submitting a change.

Easiest way to fix is to reset the changes history for both targets

4 Likes

That worked, thank you! mini heart attack

2 Likes