Database Manager Possible Bug with Postgres field creation

Hi,

I am on the beta 15 on a M1 mac. I am getting in subtables as though certain fields have not been added when they already have. You can see the migration file has been applied below.

I get the plus sign as though this change needs applying but there is no changes in the to be applied in the top right of the screenshot.

If I click on the table I get new changes to be made. In this case 2.

If I then apply the change I get.

Am I doing something wrong or is there a bug? I think this was happening on beta 13 also and may be the cause of Database Problems - Unable To Remove Change That Is Not Reflected In DB .

I have also just tried to create a template of my database which did not seem to work (there is no option to select the template I have made) but it gave no warning message. It has now come up with 14 changes but I have not made any.

Now when trying to save all files I get

Thanks,

Please restart Wappler with logging, reproduce the problem and attach the debug log. See:

Thanks George.

report1698357292434.zip (417.3 KB)

Hi @George,

Do you have any update on this one or need any other info from me? It’s really halting progress as I can’t add new DB fields.

Thanks,

Is this still happening with Wappler 6 final?

Yeah still the same.

Thanks,

I see you have two different issues here in a single topic.

The first one - adding different fields and saving them, was working all fine to me and I couldn’t reproduce it.

The second - creating new Database Templates, I see some problems with it indeed specific for using with Postgres. But do note that you don’t need to create database templates just to work with your database schema, those are for reusing the same schema parts in different databases.

Thanks George.

Yeah does seem like 2 issue’s not sure if they were linked in any way.

With the 1st issue is there anything else I can provide to help you to be able to reproduce the error? This is the change that seems to be the problem.

The 2nd issue wasn’t to important was just hoping to be able to create a template as a possible workaround for the 1st issue.

So what is the problem with the generated changes? They seem all good to me.

A post was split to a new topic: Create Database template doesn’t work with Postgress databases

Thanks, I couldn’t see anything wrong with it. Just wondered if you could notice anything. As this is the change I think that might be causing the issue were any time this table is open it acts as though this change has not been applied.
The change has been applied though.

It is in a subtable if that makes any difference.

Looking back could the issue be related Database Problems - Unable To Remove Change That Is Not Reflected In DB. It was the same table. I commented out the part you highlighted in red to allow me to undo a change. Should I have maybe kept the ‘Reason’ as this was not undefined? Could that be the cause?

I’m not completely sure that everything is similar, but I had a similar problem, maybe the difference is that I first rollback the changes, and only then commented and applied again