Database Manager deletes virtual column expression

======== TEMPLATE BUG FORM ========

Wappler Version : 3.0.0 Beta 6
Operating System : Windows 10

Expected behavior

What do you think should happen?

Editing a column in Database Manager should not make any additional changes to that column.

Actual behavior

In the case of virtual columns, using MySQL, the column type is removed and the expression defined for the column is deleted, without warning.

How to reproduce

Edit a column using Database Manager - eg simply add a comment. Apply the changes. The column is changed and will no longer function correctly.

I mentioned this when Database Manager was first released. I haven’t used it since, but just tried it again now.

I don’t think this bug has ever been acknowledged but it’s still an issue - and potentially a rather serious one.

I appreciate that Wappler’s Database Manager can’t incorporate all the features of the various databases it supports, particularly the non-standard SQL ones. I expect it will always be necessary to use a dedicated database management tool for some things. However, corrupting existing database schema in such cases is surely a bug which needs fixing. Perhaps a message could indicate that a particular field couldn’t be modified in Wappler in such cases.