Database Manager and Collation

Just a random informational question.
With Database Manager in Wappler it is making it more possible for me to bypass using my third party tools like phpMyAdmin or NaviCat which is great, however I still need to open phpMyAdmin on a new website with a new database and change the collation or the entire database to default to utf8mb4_general_ci from it’s MySQL default of latin1_swedish_ci.

This is not an issue to do the one additional step however I was just wondering if changing the collation will be added to the Database Manager at some stage?

Why do you need a he Swedish collation? Isn’t utf8 good enough?

No I want the UTF8 collation, but when i create a new database it always defaults to the latin one which i do not want, and then i have to go out of Wappler to phpMyAdmin to change it first.
Screenshot 2020-05-30 at 09.50.13

I see. Well we don’t have a choice yet for creating databases - they have to be created first.

Also we were planning to have also “advanced” view in the database manager so there we can add those specific extra properties like db engine and collations

Ahh, that would be wonderful, especially with docker stuff, because my container could only have Nodejs and MySQL on it, which means then I do not even have a preinstalled phpMyAdmin and I have to remote connect with NaviCat to change engine and collation, so if thats added later I think it would save a couple steps.
Thank you George.