Database action changes not saved from UI

Hi @George, just try the new version and I am still getting the error!

What I am trying to do:

1. Select the database action (this happens to query builder, delete, update or insert actions)
  2. click on the update option button
  3. Delete one of the columns
  4. Click the OK button
  5. Click the “Save” button.
  6. after the save confirmation I navigate to another server action and then comeback to see the sever conect that I have changed in steps 1 to 6. and the change has not taken place. please see the video below:

Is this still only when using in server connect library action?

HI @George, yes this is only when using in server connect library action.
Thanks again for all your help
Best regards
Juan

Are you referring to a library action or an API Action (Server action) as on your video I see you are editing an API Action (Server action)?

@Teodor, I am sorry for the confusion! yes, I am working with the API Action (Server action). currently after I make any changes, the changes do not stay.
Perhaps it is something I am dong wrong, if that is the case, I will appreciate the feedback so that I can overcome this issue.
Thanks
J

So the only thing that doesn’t get saved is the column order? What about other changes? New columns, edits?

HI @George, it is any activity within the API Action (Server action) (i.e. adding, removing columns, as well as making any changes for conditions and sorting). basically the changes do not take place.
Please let me know if there is anything else you would like me to get.
Thanks again for all your help
Best regards
Juan

I presume this is only for this one API action? What about others?

Also please restart Wappler with logging, reproduce the problem and attach the debug log. See:

@George, thank you for the instructions, I have created the bug Bug Report from mymdsdigital #2021-0-16_9-17-33
Best regards
J

OS info

• Operating System : Windows 10.0.19041
  • Wappler Version : 3.7.1

Problem description

The API Action (Server action), do not save the updates, this bug references the ticket created at Database action changes not saved from UI

Steps to reproduce

1. Select the database action (this happens to query builder, delete, update, insert actions etc )
  2. click on the update option button
  3. Click the OK button
  4. Click the “Save” button.
  5. after the save confirmation I navigate to another server action and then comeback to see the sever connect that I have changed in steps 1 to 6. and the change has not taken place. please see the video below:
    report_2021-0-16_9-17-33.zip (115.2 KB)

please attach the debug log as described in the manual procedure, the zip file you attached doesn’t contain it.

HI @George, I have been trying to re-create the the steps outlined, however the zip file only contains one screenshot, no matter how many times I try to do it.

If what you are looking is for a screenshot of all the steps I perform to recreate the issues, I have added them to the zip file, as well as a video. please let me know if this is ok, or if you are still looking for something else.
report_2021-0-16_10-9-34.zip (5.2 MB)
Thanks

@George, I’ve tried v 3.7.2, and I am still experiencing the same issue. when the API Action (Server action) is saved, there is a green notification message at the button indicating it has been saved. However, the changed wasn’t successfully changed.

Currently I am using v 3.4.0, and after I make any changes and save the API Action (Server action), I get the following alert message (see image below). I noticed after selecting yes, this is the action that actually save the API Action (Server action).

It is possible that I am doing something wrong taking under consideration that the features have change, wondering if you could please take a look at the steps provided in the zip bug and please provide feedback.
Thanks

Hi @George, I just tried v 3.7.4, and I am still getting the same issue.
I have tried starting new blank projects to see if maybe there is something wrong in the project with all the API Action (Server action), but I still get the same error, at this point the only option I have is to keep working on v 3.4.0.
I do not know what else to do, am I the only one having this issue? Is there something else I can do? I will really appreciate your help on this.
Thanks
J

Could you just delete the database update step and read it again so it will be saved the new way, as we do not support linked query steps any longer.

So just remake them and it should be all fine.

Thanks @George, will try it!
Regards
Juan