Data View not showing in paging generator when added to content page linked to a SPA

HI,

Data views are not showing in the available list in the paging generator when trying to add to a content page linked to a SPA.

Main SPA Page

Routed page

My Table retrieves the data from the data view without issue.

But when I add paging to the content page it does not list the data view in the available list.

If I add paging to the Main SPA page to verify I am seeing the data view, you can see it picks it up.

Running Wappler 2.7.1

Thanks,
Ray.

So are both data view component and paging generator located on the same page? I.e. both on the content page or both on then main page?

Dataview component is only located on the main page and the table is on the content page.
Paging is only on the content page along with the table.

Should I be adding the Paging to the main page also which then links to the content page Paging?

Thanks.

Not sure i understand what do you mean.

Do you need the data view actually located on the main page? Or is it only used on the content page?

Sorry,

The main page contains the Dataview component and the Server Data connection which the Dataview component pulls the data from.

The content page only has a table which pulls the data from the Data View component on the main page and I want the paging to use the same Data View component from the main page.
I have no Dataview component or Server Data connection on the content page.

If you are using this data view and server connect only on your content page, why not just move them there?

You probably(more than likely) right, in that I could move them to the content page.

But, I had set up the Dataview component, Server Data connection and table in a section on the main page. I then used the “Move to include file” and linked on content.

As it left the Dataview component and Server Data connection on the main page, I presumed this would be the intended action and that the content page would only include the table.

Well if they are used on the content page only, they need to be there.
Or if you insist on keeping them on the main page just setup everything on the main page and then move it to the content page.
But I’d suggest copy and paste server connect and data view on the page they are used on…

1 Like

I will use this preferred option of setting up the Dataview component, Server Data connection on the content page.

Thanks.
Ray.