Data Store adding single quotes erroneously

Wappler Version : 6.0.2 with beta channel
Operating System : W11
Server Model: NodeJS

Expected behavior

Actual behavior

UPDATE: The same goes for Update Record(s). The strange part is that for Update there is no need for backticks unlike Update and Insert. For Update it works with or without backticks.

@ben, does it work okay if you enter the sum in brackets? Or is quantity technically text rather than a number?

There is an on-going thing in Wappler about what is concatenation and what is mathematics with the plus symbol, that I have never fully understood but brackets often help if you want addition to happen!

Everytning entered in the inputs in the UI is considered a string. That is why it is wrapped in single quotes.
As any other dynamic expression, if you want to enter this without the single quotes, then you need to click the dynamic data icon and click code view, then enter it there.

1 Like

Thank you @Antony. Modifying by hand, solves the problem which is what I usually do. But when creating a video tutorial, it does not follow the Wappler Way and George clamps down on me :sob:.

@Teodor, thank you. I shall follow the code view way :sunglasses:.

This handsome guy didn’t mention the code view in this tutorial.

That’s because these are the old expression dialogs. Thanks for reminding me this tutorial needs updating :slight_smile:

2 Likes