======== TEMPLATE BUG FORM ========

Wappler Version : 3.7.8
Operating System : Mac
Server Model: NODEJS
Database Type: MySql8
Hosting Type: Docker

Expected behavior

What do you think should happen?

I should be able to use the data picker to find a data binding to use in my API action (e.g. an API Key from the DB)

Actual behavior

Nothing happens. I click on it, and it does not open a modal to then select the data binding. I have to type it in manually.

Can you please post a screenshot of which picker is not working exactly?

This happened in the ‘Headers’ section when using the data picker in ‘Value’.

I haven’t tested ‘Query’ or ‘Input Data’ to see if it happens there.

I can’t really reproduce this, it works fine in my test project:

Is this happening in some specific server action only?

I came across something similar two weeks ago.

I was setting up a Database Single Query followed by an API Action using data from the Query.

Clicking on the data picker for data bindings to select call parameters from the Query did not bring up the modal.

I found a work around by setting up the same query as a library action and executing this before the API. The data picker then worked bringing up the modal.

Forgot to log it as a bug.

I should have mentioned that clicking the data picker for the URL in the post above did bring up the data binding modal

3 posts were split to a new topic: Date Picker error

Still not working for me @Teodor. If it helps here is a screen of where my API Action comes in and what is directly after it:

Screen Shot 2021-02-26 at 6.04.03 pm

Can you show a short video of what is not working as everything works fine here?
Maybe test on a blank new server action just to see if it is also broken there.

1 Like

Sure, give me a few mins please

I just quickly added another new test SC with an API Action - and thre picker worked fine. Let me see if I can slowly recreate the same SC step by step until I find something that breaks it, if at all!

Maybe try removing the api step and add it again?

Interestingly if I add another API Action (brand new one) inside the same SC, it fails - the data picker doesn’t work. I can’t see any errors in the actual SC JSON file either, nothing obvious anyway.

I think I’ve found the culprit, or at least when it fails.
This is a brand new SC for this test:

Screen Shot 2021-02-26 at 6.14.45 pm

Data picker fails. But it didn’t fail before the query was added. Query is a super basic, small table query matching the id with the security identify.

The moment I remove the Single Query - the Data Picker works…

Thanks for the explanation, i will check this.

1 Like

It still does not happen to me:

Maybe restart Wappler with logging and send us the debug log after this happens:

Also is the dynamic data picker not working for API Connector step only? What if you add a set value - are you able to use the data picker?

I’ll try to find time to do this today/first thing tomorrow. It’s happening in another SC now, too (quite a large one, relating to Stripe) so having to find and manually write the bindings is a bit tricky and far too prone to my own human error!

@Teodor - I have recreated the bug report and sent you the zip file via DM.

Attach the bug report here … sending files related to a specific bug report in different topics and messages makes it extremely hard to follow.

Please explain or show me where I have sent a bug report for one topic in another topic? I have sensitive information in our app so chose to send the bug report privately. Pretty straight forward.