Data existing check before inserting a record in SQL

I think this is a mistake.

by the way, I would like to make an alert popup in this step.

How is this step defined exactly? Please post a screenshot!

These are steps.

And this is query2 in the steps.

@Miwa
I only need to see the configuration of the RESPONSE STEP.
That’s what I asked you in my last 2 replies…

1. Select the response step.
  2. Make a screenshot of what is setup there.
  3. Post this screenshot here so I can check it.

you mean this?

I keep trying, so this text part was written in “Status” of response properties at the beginning.

Yes of course!
And it’s wrongly setup.
You need to fill the name and status fields. Status is the http error status you want to to return with your server action. Name is the name of your step.
Text is the error message that will be returned.

Thanks! Now it works correctly.
Btw, how can I make this message appear on the screen instead of debug mode…?
I can not set this at dynamic events.

Well, you can show an container/alert based on the server connect status.
You can check the status using the data picker. So, just check for your error status and show the container/alert etc. when the server action status == your status

Sorry again,

I set like them, then I get this popup. (I still can see the error text in debug screen)

where did I make a mistake?

Don’t set the status there. Set the error message.

1 Like

Thanks! finally everything works for this server action!

1 Like

It sounds as if you’ve sorted this out now, but an earlier thread discussing might still have some useful information.

1 Like

@TomD thank you so much for useful info! I didn’t know this!!

Please let me continue to ask you here, I got error from the same server actions.

What I want do is to avoid duplicate voting on the same poll from the same user, to do so I made these steps. but I got this 1054 error now.

(1)Get an userID from the database
(2)If the record exists, the error message returns, if not the new record will be inserted. A condition for this part is a combination of eventID and userID(from (1)).

Well, the error message clearly shows what is the problem. In some of the steps you are referencing to a column which does not exist.
Either you have deleted it, or renamed it after the server action has been created…

yes, this “idusers” doesn’t exist anymore, but I can not find this setting on any steps of server actions…

Open the database connection step and Re-save it.
Open the query step and check your conditions for this step, then refresh the columns list in the query builder. Re-save your server action.

1 Like

Actually, I tried what you said but the same error returned. So I re-created a new server action, then it worked! thanks!