Customisation of Form Generator

Hello folks…

I’m loving the Wappler Form generator! Having come from Bubble where there is no such thing, it looks like such a time saver…

However my app’s forms have additional parts to each field - an icon that can be globally turned off, help text that it toggled from an icon, etc etc.

Can we as users create our own customised form generator?

Best wishes,
Antony.

Hi @Antony,

We are not able to customize components in Wappler, which makes for Wappler being a very stable program.

Any of the additional fields that are generated by the form generator can easily be deleted in the App Structure after creation.

This is actually one of the first things I do after using the form generator. I remove the help text (if I don’t actually need it, sometimes I do need it, but if I remove it, I can always add it back later as needed), then I remove the placeholder text because the form generator creates labels as well and I feel the placeholders are redundant.

After that, I add my client side validations, then success and error submission messages.

The form generator makes the whole process extremely easy, must easier than coding it from scratch. :slight_smile:

And dont forget virtually every element can be shown or hidden via dynamic attributes “hide” and “show” so it is easy to toggle visibility via a condition which could be a global setting as you want

Form generator in Wappler is used for initial quick generation of your form.

After that you can do all the customization per field or hide/show groups depending an conditions and expressions with the dynamic show/hide attributes or conditional regions

Hey everyone, many thanks for your rapid and detailed feedback! I look forward to trying it all out as you describe.
Best wishes,
Antony.