Custom styles don’t display in design view when editing SPA Content Pages

That sounds good.
In current state, I also lost the styles added from design panel in the content page.

Noted.

Yes indeed - live your content pages will all look good. So it is just that in Wappler design view, when editing the content pages directly - they won’t look completely styled. But that is because you are editing a “template” that later on gets injected in the right contents.

But again we will be improving the designing process of those as well :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Un-formatted content pages make it a bit unusable to update.
Hope to see these improvements soon. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey guys,

It would be great to have this feature in the “visual Wappler” :slight_smile:

content pages are not usable otherwise :slight_smile:

Well as I said we already include all the Bootstrap styles in there. So when using the default framework styling and standard App Connect components - they should look all great.

The topic is about some specific custom additional styling only.

indeed, unfortunately the site i am working uses external css theme. :wink: i look forward to seeing wappler support

BTW, this is music to my ears. please do it. @George

4 Likes

@George Just pointing this issue again, in case you missed it. Design Panel & SPA don’t work together.

I was working on SPA today and encountered this again. Had to use inline style via style panel instead.

Hello @nshkrsh
We are aware of that.
We are working on an improvement for this, hopefully such an improvement will be integrated in some of the next updates.

5 Likes

Hi there Team Wappler…

I have just come across this issue too… my design is a very large app where I want to use lots of custom CSS, and I cannot see any other way to do things than by having all the content in content pages and a big my_styles.css file.

Each content page will have complex functionality and page layout/styling.

So all my app design will be on content pages where I will have no access to see the effect of my CSS as I build the gui.

@George, do you have any estimated timescale for a Wappler version that will enable custom CSS to be viewed in content pages during editing?

Does anyone have any suggestions for the least painful workaround?

Thanks in anticipation,
Antony.

PS - Well, I guess I could make what would have been the content pages actually separate containers on the page, and keep them all hidden except the one that has just been selected… :thinking:

Oh good one :smile: seems it missed our planning. Will try to get it ASAP! It’s just that our Xmas break is about to start, will see directly after that.

1 Like

@George, thanks sooooo much for your prompt and positive reply! :pray:
Some time early in the new year will be fabulous… I’ll work with the hiding method for now and convert it over when you release the new capability!

1 Like

Do we now have solution to this problem…

This has been improved in the latest versions of Wappler.
Check: