Custom Deploy button

I’m requesting the ability to run a custom script (e.g.: Bash script) once I click the Deploy button, for a target with settings like these:

For these settings there’s no Deploy button:
Screenshot

So, there in the target configuration, for Access Type “Local Folder”, add a field that accepts a custom script to execute for Deployment. Note this can be a file relative to the root of the project, not an absolute path of the location on the current computer

This allows me to run custom deployment scripts, such as a Caprover deployment script, without messing too much with the terminal

@George is this easy for you to implement? I purposely made this simple :slight_smile:

Edit: Actually, this could be a textarea of command(s) to send to Wappler’s Terminal. My use-case would consist of just a single command to run a Bash script

What kind of deploys you want to do?

We are already looking for more standard based deployments like git.

What is in your deploy bash file?

We might be better off in standardizing the deployment options so those can be used no matter the provider.

Glad you’re already working on more standard deployments like Git! I wish I could take a look at your dev sprint routines :slight_smile:

The deployment options are essentially in my previous feature request, though I was under the impression the team was/is too busy so I came up with this hopefully faster-to-implement feature request

I don’t have the Bash script yet (my old one was overcomplicated), but I detailed the logic there

While my personal needs may be fine with an official generic Git/Caprover deploy, apparently, I’m not the only one dabbling with custom scripts :slight_smile:

Well doing deployment with custom script is a bit over the top for the regular user and also very error prone.

So our focus is to supply more generic deployments indeed.