Custom database query no MySQL possible (INNER JOIN)

Hi there,

I try to build a custom query using an INNER JOIN. Unfortunately, the custom query builder doesn’t seem to recognize this command, unless I switch to “MySQL” but as soon as I save it, and open it again, it is back to SQL and doesn’t recognize the INNER JOIN - but only JOIN.

Problem is: I need to JOIN 3 tables, which works flawlessly in a “standard” wappler query (see picture) but I need it in the custom query.

Why? Because I got randomization with a custom query solved without the other solutions posted here, directly as database function.

It works when I use just one single JOIN, but I cannot use any combination of INNER JOIN, LEFT JOIN, RIGHT JOIN etc.

Thanks for your help

Interesting. I managed to get it running.

I copied the code of the working standard database query with the two inner joins into the file with the not working custom query.

Then I opened it in Wappler, put in the two lines for randomizing and picking on result underneath, saved it, uploaded it. And it works!

The sql/mysql dropdown in custom query builder has a bug to default to sql since release.
It does no however have any effect on the query you write in it.
And specifically, there is no limitation on types of joins.

I don’t understand what you have done from the notepad screenshot, but I am assuming you haven’t understood how is working.