CSS Keeps Randomly Breaking

So this has happened to me three times now. I will be working on the front end designing a content page for a couple of hours and then all of a sudden the CSS bugs out and removes random pictures, changes the font color and size of some items, and hitting undo doesn’t change anything. I don’t know what to do because going back to previous GIT versions doesn’t solve it. Plus when I try to manually fix everything again, nothing updates or behaves the way it was previously.

I’m sure I’m doing something wrong here but I don’t know what (I’m fairly new coming from bubble). It’s making learning and starting any project so far impossible and driving me insane. The most recent time it happened was when I removed the bold tags in the code for a wrapped text item.

I think it’s something to do with the CSS file or something because all of the items are still here but the formatting has gone to hell.

Any tips or advice would be much appreciated, I’m happy to share any screenshots or code (wasn’t sure what to share at this point).

Thanks!

This is what my css style sheet now looks like after removing those bold tags…

Edit: I was able to manually copy and paste the old GIT stye.css code to overwrite the current broken file. However, I’d really like this to stop happening to me if anyone has any suggestions!

Just a wild guess here…is your project stored on a file system that replicates, or synchronizes? Obviously something unexpected going on here.

Using a Mac, stored under documents folder. Normally use Google’s back up n sync files but that is turned off. I had this happen when working on a PC laptop as well.

If the documents folder was once part of the google sync, I’d move the project to another location if only to troubleshoot. You are seeing something I haven’t yet experienced. Maybe a video of what you are doing and a debug file.

Isn’t the documents folder included in the iCloud sync, I know iCloud and GIT are conflicting. Best is to place the project outside of the documents folder.

I’ll work on better documenting it, I could definitely see it being part of some syncing issues or something. I believe my PC uses one drive to regularly backup so that might have done it on there too.

Is there a recommended location for project folder then on Mac and PC?

I always create a development folder in the root where I organize all the project I’m working on. But you are free to store it anywhere you want. You only have to watch out when you use a version control system like GIT that you don’t do that on a folder that also has a Sync.

I haven’t had that problem, and I store the project folder under documents. However, I have desktop and document folder sync turned off (in iCloud settings). Maybe worth checking if you have that turned on?