Cryptographic insert not applying (formatters closing and not applying formatting)

I have found a fix!

Have turned off Experimental Features.

What will I be sacrificing by doing this? Obviously it is a Bug and not a Feature (sorry hahaha, old ones are the best ones)…

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

I see well it probably have to do something with our new native window integration.

Happily you can just turn it off.

Will investigate further.

3 Likes

Thank you for your time @George and @Teodor

Sincerely appreciated George, thank you.

Good that you found it - we were just about to get the native window integration out of experimental and made it official as there were no other problems reported.

So will make sure this is solved first.

3 Likes

I should have done this earlier. Usually it is my first port of call if I have an issue as a check before listing a Bug Report but this time I forgot. Going to blame deadlines for that! Everything under Linux runs beautifully otherwise, so fast compared to Windows!

Sorry to have delayed that implementation. You guys already have enough work to do.

1 Like

I would love a big red banner in the editor when using Experimental or BETA.

6 Likes

Yes was thinking about the same for better indication for using the beta extensions channel as well.

3 Likes

DEFINITELY agree with this!

Well something like this:

“Beta” tag will not show if you are on the stable and the “Exp” tag will also only show if you have the Experimental features on.

3 Likes

Found the problem - was indeed very Linux specific window focusing issue.
Will be fixed in the next update

1 Like

Thanks for the update @George very happy to hear you found the issue. Linux must be difficult as the user has so much control over everything from permissions to desktop environments (and it could be related to any of these) if it didn’t show its head with the Experimental Features toggle debugging it could have been an endless task (still, no doubt you would have found it in the end regardless).

Do you have all three Operating Systems running? Can imagine you flicking between VM’s, repeatedly back and fourth!

Well not really happily under Electron it acts exactly the same like Windows. So we don’t have to the much Linux specific code.

Exactly - have too many VM’s running and Mac Minis :slight_smile: - should even do more Linux distros but have hands full for now.

1 Like

Fixed also the error reporting on Linux - the log file was on a different location there :slight_smile:

So should be also included in the next update.

1 Like

Feeling the Linux love right now! Thank you @George

This has been fixed in Wappler 4.7.2

2 Likes

Thank you @Teodor, @George, @patrick

I really appreciate your hard work.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 42 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.