Creating a vertical menu for a dashboard: How do I center text when using navbar brand

Hi,

I’m new to wappler, enjoying it so far. I am building a Dashboard page and am creating a vertical navigation bar. I have updated the flex flow direction to be vertically oriented and added multiple Navbar Brand components. (which become an Anchor Image and Image)

I am able to add an icon and text that follows, but it does not align on the page. I would like the image to align centered to the text. Here is what it looks like:

• essentially the “house icon” should be higher and centered with the H in home

I updated the flex property to center but it does not help.

Was unable to find any information on this topic with a search.
I am running 2.9.x on Windows .

Thx!

My workaround to fix the alignment issue was to recreate the icons with +100 to the Y access. Recognize that this isn’t ideal. Let me know if anyone has a programmatic alternative.

Thanks.

second fix to the alignment issue was to actually use margin adjustment. Once I realized you could just click and drag the spacing adjustment it worked.

Glad you sorted it out. Looking at that image I was going to suggest to have a look at the margins as it looked like the Home text had a bottom margin on it.

There’s a few different ways you can do the vertical navbar and I’m very happy with how mine has turned out but I did use some custom CSS.