Couch and Pouch DB (video edition)

For those who prefer videos to “how to” guides here are videos covering the latest updates in Wappler 6 beta regarding Couch and PouchDB

More to follow as new features released and I get to grips with this further!

Creating a CouchDB database with the Resource Manger (5 mins)

Working with PouchDB and App Connect (21 mins)

8 Likes

These are very slick videos Brian, you always provide quality content but these latest videos look very very slick indeed.

I’ve just got a little bit of feedback, I always view in full screen mode, however the latest design has a purple frame all the way round it which wastes screen real estate and serves little purpose. I work on a four screen set up, 15" laptop (which I view your videos on) x2 20" monitors side by side and a larger 28" upper central monitor that I user for Wappler/design/programming environments.

Heres my full-screen view on the 15":

As you can see there’s a lot of useful viewing area taken up by the frame.

Thanks for the feedback,always appreciated.
Yes, been subject if a lot if discussion. The frame was added as a suggestion from Romy, former member if Wappler team.
As of the last video the presentation has been changed and the frame removed. Also the resolution remains at 2k but scaling increased from 100% to 125% so everything should be 25% bigger and text easier to read.

2 Likes

That’s ace Brian. The scaling change is great too, even on my 28" having it 25% bigger is much better. I can’t comment further on the actual content, its always top notch :slight_smile:

1 Like

More coming soon, moving data between SQL and Couch to follow

6 Likes

Hey @Hyperbytes thanks for the videos, not sure if I am being blind or if you could point me in the right direction please. I can’t seem to see the PouchDB Data connection. I have experimental features turned on and I am running v3 of the beta. Do I need to turn it on somewhere else? Thanks

Make sure you are using Wappler 6 beta versions. Beta 3 is now available. Also make sure you turn on Beta and experimental features. You may need to restart Wappler to take this to take effect.

2 Likes

I think that’s what I would be missing the extensions channel! Thanks will try this later and confirm!\

Yep thats working now thanks!