Coolify - open-source, hassle-free, self-hostable Heroku & Netlify alternative

Due to the bad experience of deploying Wappler projects in docker container i found a project:

Does anyone have any experience of using this project on webhosting, maybe someone has security reviews?
2 Likes

This is cool. Would give it a try if I find time.

We have been using CapRover a lot in the past couple of months, and are quite happy with that.
It does not have such a fancy UI, but it creates Docker containers for each app with many other options to manage each app instance.

Hello, yes i try CapRover but did’t find how to deploy wappler project to CapRover. And container image size is not small. We have not completed tutorial here for CapRover deployment.

I use webhook based Git auto-deployment.
There are many points involved. Planning to make a new post for that here for some time… But could not find enough time so far.

Hi, Sid. I tried to deploy a simple Wappler project with CapRover in the form of a Hello World page using GitHub and webhook.

I have encountered the following problems. The first problem I encountered was this:

But this is easily treated with a small line correction in the package.json (replacing this "start": "./index.js" with this "start": "node index.js").

After that, the application was successfully deployed:

However, there is a problem at startup:

As far as I was able to understand, this problem occurs frequently. As I understand it it is connected with this:

Tell me, how did you solve the above problem?

what kind of bad experience?

Thats just a warning. Not an error. Your app is live and running.
This is not Caprover specific. Instead its something to do with Wappler. Maybe @patrick can explain.

Yes, I am aware that the application is deployed and working. I am also aware that this is not related to CapRover, but is an Express problem. I wrote to @George about this a couple of weeks ago, but I never got a response.

Although this warning is not so critical at the development stage, it is a problem for production projects if left without a solution. I thought that if you are actively using CapRover for your projects, perhaps you have found an effective solution to this problem. For this reason, I asked about it.

I have seen many such warnings about other packages too. Never gave it a thought.
Probably would have to share the complete deployment log to sort all of them.

You have two options.

You either use Wappler’s built-in Redis express session store or you build your own(file, knex, etc).

By default express uses memory which is not appropriate for production thus the warning.

1 Like

Thank you, Jon, for the recommendations. I will definitely try the solution with Redis and unsubscribe based on the results.

Hi :wave:

I am use coolify on my Oracle free tier ARM64, that is one of the best design what I am do in my life…

And use it with plasmic.app

But, that is not a perfect project…
You can use easypanel.io for example…

Good luck. And the force will be with you)

2 Likes