Converting Old DW + DMXzone Projects To Wappler

I have a large site built 4 years ago. I would like to bring it into the Wappler world. Are there any issues that I need to know, or to watch out for before I begin this task?

Your biggest issue may be that the old site likely doesn’t use Bootstrap 4. I faced the exact same thing that I needed to open a site created in 2016 in Wappler. While I could open it no issue much of the Wappler features did not work.

In the end I decided to just redo the site. It was faster and easier.

1 Like

Haha! That’s exactly NOT what I wanted to hear. However, practice makes perfect.

Similar experience here, but in all honesty it was worth doing. Lot’s of issues with repeat id’s and old insecure DW code (eval etc). Like Brad mentioned above Bootstrap updates were required. In the end it was so much work essentially it was a rebuild from the ground up and ended up being 99% new code.

1 Like

Hi @revjrblack
I know it is not the thing you would ear but had similar experience.

In any case if it can be a small relief, after the new site was much more rational, functional and fast.

I know, the idea to redo from scratch it is not so charming… but it worth.

1 Like

Although I agree with @brad, @Dave and Roberto, it may be an idea to add Bootstrap 4 while in Wappler. When you do that, the following message appears

I have not been adventurous enough to go ahead, it may be worth while. Back the site up first.

I have tried the conversion. Was a bad mistake. If you try it, definitely back up first. The results are very unpredictable.

When I get the local server setup, I will try it out and let you know. I’m going to try to convert as I go, and try to determine if the time it takes is worth it.

Afterward, I will write my findings here.

Thank you all for your awesome help and encouragement.

1 Like